Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2006, 05:42 PM

We are planning our first cruise for April 2007. We are looking at Southern Caribbean out of San Juan on the Crown Princess. Can anyone tell me about the ship and this cruise?
Old 08-06-2006, 10:55 PM
Banned

The Crown is one of their newest ships. It made it's first sailing in June. The itinery you are asking about hasn't happened with this ship and I don't think it will until the end of Oct 2006.

Therefore you will not be getting much info except for the bad press about it almost flipping over.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:52 AM

My husband and I are already booked on the April 14, 2007 cruise out of San Juan on the Crown Princess...We booked that cruise because it is a new itinerary and I'm sure it will be fun!
Old 08-07-2006, 01:13 PM

The Crown is a beautiful looking ship, haven't been on her--yet! If you'll let us know what your itinerary is, we might be able to help you with the ports. Currently, she is sailing out of New York. Best wishes!
Old 08-10-2006, 12:34 PM

Isn't that the one that just tipped?
Old 08-10-2006, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Taylor:
No, that was the Gradient Princess BTW Scott, is the new Pyre Princess one of the new PHOENIX class ships?

Old 08-10-2006, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
The Crown is a beautiful looking ship, haven't been on her--yet! If you'll let us know what your itinerary is, we might be able to help you with the ports. Currently, she is sailing out of New York. Best wishes!
Here ya go CROWN ITINERARY APRIL 14TH
Old 08-10-2006, 01:56 PM

Great itinerary, sure hope y'all like snorkeling or diving because most of those ports have great snorkeling. We've beat St. Thomas to death as well as Trunk Bay, however, both are wonderful. St. Kitts had some great snorkeling also has a great tour of the fort and batique factory. Grenada is the spice island, Grand Anse beach is pretty, but snorkeling there is non-existent. We'll be there in October and have booked a sail/snorkel through Princess, can let you know when we get back. We did a great sail/snorkel in Bonaire last year, we booked it through Princess, as well as Aruba. Have a wonderful time!
Old 08-10-2006, 02:12 PM

Troubador: That is a great intinerary! If you need a travelmate, I'll let you pay.

Oh yeah Chuck, the Gradient Princess, I think thier new slogan is brilliant

NEW slogan... "Our prices are falling too"

The nice thing about this ship is that if you get "tipsy" on this one, no one will know the difference! The crew are extreemly good on this ship but maybe it's because they all work for "tips"!. Apparently gratuities are automatically put on your bill but extra "tipping" is always allowed on this ship.

But seriously...
I don't like the Pyre Princess, I am a non smoker and I booked that ship and found it to be a "smoking" ship. I did however like the dining rooms signature dessert, "Baked" Alaska! My very good friend used to work on that ship and he got "flaming" mad when they "fired" him. That really "burned" his a**. He worked in the kithen as a cook for a while, always complained that it was "scorching" hot in there. Okay, I'll stop now.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChucksOK:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Taylor:
No, that was the Gradient Princess BTW Scott, is the new Pyre Princess one of the new PHOENIX class ships?

I understand that the Crown Princess also pitched severly leaving Fort Lauderdale (I believe), but they are attributing it to human error.

Closed Thread