Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2005, 04:50 PM

HI, I,m booked for a Hawaian cruise next Feb. After reading one particular review about the Island Princess which was really bad, I now wonder If I did the right thing by booking with princess,especially since I normally cruise Celebrity.Would anyone else have any thing to say to put my mind at ease. thanks
Old 09-24-2005, 05:30 PM

I have not cruised Celebrity as of yet, but did go on a Princess cruise (Golden) last winter. Although a little more formal than I was expecting, we enjoyed the cruise. Service was very good, food was also very good - especially in the alternate steakhouse restaurant - and our cabin was lovely, spacious and with plenty or storage.

If you are very picky, you will probably find something to be unhappy about, but that would be true of any cruise line. Relax and enjoy - you should be fine!
Old 09-24-2005, 05:43 PM

Thanks for your reassurance Karen it really helps.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:44 AM

Hi Waters,
I have been cruising with Princess only since 1996. I love it. I take at least 2 cruises per year. I have done some other lines, but, not Celebrity.
Personally I think you will enjoy Princess excellence
Not been on the Island yet, but, hope to be Jan. 6,2006

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 09-25-2005, 03:56 PM

Thank you Sunprincess,I,m really starting to look forward to my Hawaian cruise now. thanks again
Old 04-04-2006, 12:29 PM

I hope you enjoy your trip. We were on Island Princess in Alaska last September 2005 and Coral Princess (sister ship) in April 2004. We enjoyed both cruise and love this size ship. My Dad is currently on the Island Princess returning from Hawaii as I write this post. He has taken this trip a number of times because they love the sea time as well as the visits to the islands. My wife and I really love the Island and Coral because how easy it is to get around and everything is layed out so well. Also, the size of the ship is better than the much larger ones. Hope you enjoy it.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:21 PM

My husband and I will be on our 5th Princess cruise in October. We've been on the Sea, Dawn and Sun. So far, we've had nothing but great service, food, rooms and staff. We've been on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norweigan Caribbean, Costa, and Holland America. We keep going back to Princess. I was really worried when Carnival bought them, but so far, they've held their own. Enjoy your cruise!!
Old 04-14-2006, 05:35 PM

Hi Waters
My husband and I did the 15 day Hawaii cruise in January on the Island.
Great ship, good food had a wonderful time.
Don't expect it to be sunny all the way over and back [we didn't so were not disappointed] remember grade school science over the oceans is where clouds are formed to make rain.
The first day out was abit rough but after that smooth sailing.
Hawaii was magical.
have a terrific trip.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:55 AM

I was on the Island Princess in Alaska. I also have done 3 Celebrity. I find them very comparable. I wouldn't worry about one bad review. I believe there are people out there that it is their mission to try to find something to complain about.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:17 PM

My wife and I took the Island Princess to Hawaii during December. A wonderful cruise and we'e planning to take this trip again. Plenty of on ship activities to fill the day during sea days, excellent food, excellent service, and good entertainment. We had beautiful weather - only rained a few minutes during the Hilo stop.

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, food, island, posts, princess, ship