Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Just remember when packing for those longer trips that most princess ships have laundrymats so a few mix and match clothes can go a long way. I've managed to pack everything for two weeks into one suitcase (about 40 lbs) and one carry on if I'm flying into the port. Same for my partner (except he has more shoes)

Need some cruise help?
Old 03-01-2008, 10:54 PM

Okay I am up to 9 pairs of shoes now - just bought two more pair. I have developed a shoe fetish in my middle age!

I may have to leave the hiking boots at home...they are kinda heavy. I am going on the Mendenhal Glacier tour - will I need them?

Good thing I will be wearing one pair!

Packing Tip: Pack military style - you will get more in a smaller space. Pants and shirts are folded lengthwise twice then rolled. There will be access to an iron or something on board right? If not there's nothing like a nice steamy shower to get all of those nasty wrinkles out! OR maybe I will have to pick up an iron in Anchorage and donate it to a worthy cabin steward.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:41 PM
All the Princess ships have self-service laundromats complete with ironing boards and irons. Irons are not allowed in the cabins, so don't bother bringing your own.

Personally, I like a garment bag for pants, shirts and jackets; they don't get (too) wrinkled and they are already on hangers, ready for the closet. And I can get 2-3 pairs of shoes in the bottom of the bag.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:44 PM

OK, what a conversation we are having about getting dressed.

My wife and I have always dressed in formal wear for formal nights. We enjoy that and always take pictures as a highlight. However, on our next cruise to Alaska cruistour we have decided like so many of you to pack light and omit formal wear.

There are so many options for dining on the ships and you don't have to mix with the formal wear folks if you don't want to. I do plan to show up for the Captains cocktails in my Tommy Bahamma shirt and slacks.

Dress for how you feel and the enjoyment you might get from what you are wearing that evening, the photos, etc. We had some great photos taken last cruise in the casual wear outfits one night. Some of the couple taking the casual dress photos had brought matching shirts for the photos.

I doubt anyone will judge us unless you show up in shorts or your bathing suit.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-03-2008, 04:20 AM

Now, see I've seen some Tommy Bahama silken outfits that fit right in with a suit and tie crowd. That's a fne line of clothing and while it can't be considered "formal" no one's going to argue with it!

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, casual, code, cruise, cruises, dinner, dress, jacket, men, rcl, review, royal, shoes, smart, sports