Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2007, 06:22 PM

My husband and I are leaving on the Star Princess in two weeks. I have read in previous posts that Princess will let you bring bottles of wine on when your first board. Can anyone verify if this is still the case ? My parents did it a few years ago. I wanted to make sure the rules haven't changed before I go to a liquor store and buy wine to bring on. I don't want them to take it from us and not get it back till after the cruise. I won't need it then. Thanks !
Old 01-26-2007, 06:22 PM

My husband and I are leaving on the Star Princess in two weeks. I have read in previous posts that Princess will let you bring bottles of wine on when your first board. Can anyone verify if this is still the case ? My parents did it a few years ago. I wanted to make sure the rules haven't changed before I go to a liquor store and buy wine to bring on. I don't want them to take it from us and not get it back till after the cruise. I won't need it then. Thanks !
Old 01-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Hello Courteliz;
this is direct from Princess' 2007-2008 Caribbean and Mexican Riviera brochure:
"You may bring wine and champagne onboard to celebrate a special occasion. Wine and/or champagne brought onboard and consumed in the dining rooms or alternative restaurants will be subject to a $15 USD per bottle corkage fee."
I guess it's up to you to decide what constitutes a "special occasion".
Hope this helps.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:12 AM

We just want it from our room. I am packing my own bottle opener in my suitcase so hopefully we can get away without the $15 uncorking fee. Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:20 AM

Courteliz, we have also brought wine onboard with no problem. During our recent Med cruise, we bought wine at various ports of call and brought them back onto the ship with no problem. It was a nice way to sample local wines!

Closed Thread

Tags
board, bring, bringing, caribbean, cruises, doe, princess, royal, ship, wine, wont