Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2007, 06:36 PM

I was just wondering iam going on the Oceana cruise to the canaries and i have seen some good and not so good reviews abour the ship e.g. 'The atmosphere was irritating' if you could give me youre thoughts on the ship i will be pleased
Old 03-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Oceana, formerly Ocean Princess, is the fourth sister to Princess' Cruises Sun Princess, Dawn Princess and Sea Princess. I have not sailed on a P&O ship but I have been on Sea Princess, and since she sails part of the year for P&O I can't imagine her being much different from when she sails for Princess. Which is a clumsy way of saying I would expect Oceana to be at least as nice as a Princess run ship.
As for the ship itself, many of us here at cruise-chat think the Sun Class ships are the ideal ship; large enough to have all the amenities you would expect from a luxury cruise ship, yet small enough to be more intimate and easy to get around.
I can't for the life of me imagine someone calling the ship "irritating". I would have to hear more to know how to even respond to a comment like that.
Personally, I love the Sun Class ships, and considering P&O's reputation and experience I would not hesitate to sail on any of their ships.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:01 AM

Thanks f-mattox
Old 03-14-2007, 05:22 AM

Has anyone been on a canaries cruise if so can you just give me a bit of info what the ports are like here are the destinations:

12 Aug 2007 Embark Southampton.
14 Aug 2007 Vigo
15 Aug 2007 Lisbon
17 Aug 2007 Lanzarote
18 Aug 2007 Tenerife
19 Aug 2007 Gran Canaria
20 Aug 2007 La Palma
21 Aug 2007 Madeira
Old 03-24-2007, 01:16 PM

The Ocean Princess, now the Oceana, was the ship on which I took my first cruise. I fell so in love with that ship! I returned for a short coastal cruise on her during a repositioning, right before she left Princess. This class of ship is perfect (for me).

I'd love to sail that ship again but I know nothing about P&O.

I can't imagine anyone being anything other than quite comfortable on this ship. The quote offered, referring to an irritating atmosphere, perhaps is directed more to the passengers or staff. ???

J
Old 03-24-2007, 05:29 PM
judy27, if you loved Ocean Princess but are not sure about P&O you can still sail on Ocean's three sister ships, Sun, Dawn and Sea Princess which still sail for Princess.

Closed Thread

Tags
forum, oceana, po, princess, reviews