Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 01:29 PM

Does anyone know if there ire good off site parking facilities at the port? Just looking to save a few $ where I can.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-15-2010, 09:28 AM

The one that I originally booked with, I wouldn't leave my car in. It was absolutely horrible. The cars were parked within inches of each other, out on the street, not inside a gate. I decided to just go to the port, it's $19/day. Here is one that is close to the port, but we have not used it.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:54 AM

Thanks Penny. After I posted this I saw the same site you listed. It looks like it is close to the port, has a shuttle, and is cheap to boot! $6/day with the coupon. I will probably print off the coupon and then if it doesn't look safe when we get there, just go to the port parking garages.
While it would be nice to save a few bucks, it is not worth worrying about your car while you are gone.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:55 AM

If you do use it, let me know how it was. I think the one I had was United. I prepaid the parking and they did refund the money, which surprised me. I just would not have enjoyed my cruise worrying about whether my car would have been there when I got back. They also advertised a shuttle. I was talking to people waiting in line to get their car and they said it took them over 1 1/2 hours to get a shuttle to pick them up.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:32 PM
I have to say when we park at Ft Lauderdale, we were right outside the door to the terminal. We got there about 10:30am. Coming home we were in our car in about 10 min after getting off the ship. It was more $$ but I would say it was well worth it. We walked right over to the car with our bags.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 07-16-2010, 11:58 AM

That's true. There is something to be said about not having to wait on any shuttles on the way home.
That being said, I am pretty used to waiting for the shuttle when I fly, and it typically isn't that big of an issue for me. And if you consider the difference is more than $60, then maybe it is worth a 15 minute wait.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:54 PM

So, true, $19 vs. $6 is a big difference. Please, though, if you check them out, let me know what it looks like. The other place was horrible!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:52 PM

I will let you know for sure. We will drive past the place at the very least.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:03 AM

Hi, there is free parking for up to 2wks at the Spring Hill Suites IAP and free shuttle to the port...and you can pre-arrange pick on your return. Parking is in the hotel parking lot...very secure as well as safe, you also get free breakfast...all you have to do is book at least one night. "Fantastic Hotel" typical Marriott property...and Exit has a shopping center just across the road...we were there 5/2010. "Google" Spring Hill Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport...good luck.
JLMKEY
Old 07-26-2010, 08:08 AM

Thanks jlmkey. I have stayed at that hotel and as you say, it is a typical Marriott property. We stay at Marriotts quite often and did consider this option. We are driving down from Orlando, so we are not planning on spending the night before in Ft. Lauderdale.
If we do though, this will be the option I choose.
We made the reservation at the other place, but since they didn't ask for a credit card or anything, there really isn't a risk.

Closed Thread

Tags
codes, coupon, coupons, cruise, cruises, discount, fll, fort, ft, lauderdale, laurdale, parking, port, princess, reviews