Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2005, 08:05 PM

We are going on a cruise in October and have narrowed down our choices to Carnival Glory, Caribbean Princess and Holland America Zuiderdam. Which one would be the best choice? We are a couple on our first cruise. We are 45 and 47. We enjoy rest and relaxation. We are not big into drinking or gambling. We love the beach, pools, reading, exercise, and good food. Can you please give any opinions?
Thank you, Geunita
Old 07-16-2005, 08:13 PM

My vote is for Caribbean Princess
Old 07-17-2005, 04:44 AM

Hi Geunita,
Welcome to cruise-chat. Based on your ages, interests and preferences, I would agree with Sunprincess. The Caribbean Princess sounds like it would be the best match. What is the difference in port calls between the 3 ships?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-17-2005, 04:58 PM

I would say either the Caribbean Princess or the Zuiderdam....it would depend on itinerary, then accommodations and then price.

Tom
Old 07-18-2005, 01:54 PM
My husband & I did the Holland America Sea of Cortez cruise in October 2002. We were 49 & 53 at the time. Ports were Loreto, La Paz and Cabo San Lucas. There were more children than usual on an HAL ship, but, being HAL, still probably less than 50. This was the most relaxing vacation we have ever been on. The weather was perfect, although we were chased by a storm on our way home which really didn't seem to effect the stability of the ship. Being older, quiet seeking travelers, we really enjoy HAL. Passengers trend older and quieter - not a lot of heavy partiers. The food and service was top notch. We beached and snorkled at each stop. It looks like HAL may not be offering the same itinerary now, but, I figured I would put my two cents in. I really do like HAL for it's peace and quiet.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:16 PM

I would recommend Princess Cruise Ships for excellent service, wonderful food, great shows and lots of activities. If you enjoy relaxation, and lounging with peace and quiet the Princess is your best bet. Carnival is for families and young people with lots of noise and the food and service is only fair.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:07 PM

I would look at the diffrent ports of call and see which are more appealing, and i would only look at HAL and Caribbean Princess, Carnival is not up to par with the others. I was recently on the Eastern Caribbean aboard the Caribbean Princess and enjoyed it very much. If you have any specific questions about it just ask.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:16 PM

My vote is Princess. They were fantastic when we cruised the Eastern Caribbean. Lots of food, excellent service, and great entertainment.

Charron Golf
Old 08-09-2005, 11:13 AM

I would go with Princess - it falls in the middle of the others. Carnival being younger and not as classy while Holland is older and more sedate.

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 08-22-2005, 12:09 PM

Hi I am also planning a cruise for January 2006 and am looking for the best match for us. I am trying to decide between Princess and carnival. It will be my daughter 20 and me her ma at 45. We like fun! The beaches are the main attraction for us as well as shopping. Any words of wisdom would be GREAT!!

Closed Thread

Tags
geunita, wells