Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/)
-   -   Soda pop sticker price??? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/30025-soda-pop-sticker-price.html)

Chipper 11-22-2006 12:23 PM

We are leaving on Nov 30 on the Sun Princess and have been told to purchase the sticker as it will save you money. Does anyone know what it is going to cost us? Are we allowed to bring pop back to the ship and drink onboard or are they going to confiscate it like they do with alcohol?

AlaskaGolden 11-22-2006 01:23 PM

The soda sticker will be placed on each person's cruise card/room key. It costs $3.50 per day plus 15% gratuity. For a typical 7 day cruise the card cost $28.18. Each person needs their own card.

To save even more, don't get the insulated mug they try to sell you with the soda sticker. It really isn't all that great and doesn't hold that much soda. Your cruise card with the sticker is what gets you the drinks, so you really don't need to use the travel mug.

Also, if you like a large soda, ask for a large cup when you get your drink. The bartender ill give you a medium or small unless you specify a large.

Have a GREAT Cruise!

Sunprincess 11-23-2006 09:35 AM

Chipper,

If you drink soda the soda sticker is the way to go for sure.
You can carry soda onboard with you without it being taken.

I was so upset on my last cruise that they did not have the mega large plastic soda cups on the Crown. When I was on the Grand in July they had them.

Enjoy your cruise

Cathy

Chipper 11-23-2006 10:27 AM

Thanks Todd and Cathy, looking forward to getting out of this wet weather we have had throughout November.

choochella 11-25-2006 02:52 PM

Also, just a tidbit of information. On our first cruise, my husband and I each got the soda sticker. The insulated cup is included. There is not an extra charge for it. The second year, we got wise and only purchased one. My husband enjoys Canadian Club (which we sneak on)and ginger ale. He would use my insulated cup and fill with CC, then I would get him a glass of ginger ale with my card. He would pour some of his CC in the glass of ginger ale. Then I would go back and get whatever soda I wanted. It's worked this way for the last 3 years. The only downfall is if you are at a bar together and both want a drink. We mostly used this technique at the pool.

f-mattox 11-25-2006 08:07 PM

Just curious to know how you got a bottle on board; every time I've boarded a ship in the last ten years, be it embarcation or after a shore excoursion, my carry on was checked--maybe I just look suspicious!

choochella 11-29-2006 03:14 PM

We didn't put the bottle in our carry on. We put it in between clothing in our suitcase. Of course, we bought it the night before in Florida, so it didn't come with us on the plane. As for anything you buy on a shore excursion, they are going to check it for you. Can't get away from that one. Unless it's wine. They will normally let you take it to you room.