Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 05:16 AM

We are booked on an Alaskan Cruisetour & sail in May of 2010 on the Island Princess for 7 nights with my sister and her husband. We have been assigned staterooms that are far apart. My question is = Can I request a different stateroom? Currently we are in A521 & A425. I don't like the location of A425 and would like to be next door to my sister. Do they offer adjoining staterooms?
Old 02-08-2010, 05:36 AM

Have you tried calling the cruise line or your travel agent? How long ago did you book? Were you originally booked under a "Guarantee"? When made the booking your sister's and your booking should have been linked. That doesn't guarantee you will be by each other though. It sounds like you may have booked under the "guarantee", which you are subject to the cabins they select. You can always ask if they can get you closer together. However; this close to the cruise it may be difficult. For best cabin selection Alaska cruises are booked a year or more in advance. I would just call whomever you booked with and see if you can't get cabins closer to each other.

Welcome to Cruise Chat.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:29 AM

We booked guaranteed balcony staterooms. The agency tells us we don't have any choice and to contact Princess and Princess tells us to contact the travel agency. I have never had this problem on Carnival and this will probably be my FIRST AND LAST cruise on Princess due to their non-cooperative attitude!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:51 AM

The terms under which you buy a guarantee is that you have the possibility of an upgrade, but no choice of cabins, whether or not you get a free upgrade.

As Cruise Fanatic said, if your bookings were linked, Princess may have tried to get you close together but didn't have any availability. Your travel agent should give them a call and see if there is anything closer together available in that category.

By the way, Princess is a Carnival Corporation cruise line.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:56 AM

I know is is a Carnival Corporations line. The stateroom we don't care for is A425 on Island princess Aloha deck, which is along side a bump out area and I'm not crazy about t. But I guess we don't have much choice. This is my first cruise on princess but have been on 4 carnival cruises and I've never had this situation arise.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:57 AM

Also, what is the difference between a BB & BH stateroom?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:30 AM

Basically deck location is the difference. BH is the lowest category of balcony on the Emerald deck. With your "guarantee" booking you were upgraded to almost the highest balcony BB on a higher deck the Aloha. You would have paid the lower rate balcony price, but received a higher priced balcony.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:01 AM

Thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, aloha, balcony, bh, book, caribbean, carribean, cruise, cruiselines, guarantee, island, princess, room, shoould, state, switch