Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2003, 09:08 PM

Does anyone have any information on the bus transportation between Seattle and Vancouver?

Length of trip, Potty time, etc.?
Old 01-19-2003, 09:08 PM

Does anyone have any information on the bus transportation between Seattle and Vancouver?

Length of trip, Potty time, etc.?
Old 01-20-2003, 10:40 PM

Haven't done it myself, but understand 2-1/2 hours. Why not just fly in/out of Vancouver. Beautiful city with fantastic airport.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:53 PM

Bus ride is actually closer to three and a half hours. Going through customs at the border can be a long tiring experience. Take Sue's advice and fly directly to Vancouver. Cruiseman
Old 01-21-2003, 05:48 PM

Thanks for your information guys,

Our problem is that the best we can do is a 6 1/2 hour layover in Vancouver. In addition, the fare from Seattle to Las Vegas is $280 less expensive.

That's why I was asking about rest stops,(potty stops) on the bus.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:01 PM

I'm really confused now. If you were going to Vancouver, why would you have a 6-1/2 layover in Vancouver. What about Alaska Airlines? We've had success with them from Vegas, but not going to Vancouver. I wasn't considering increased border security when I said 2-1/2 hours (prior 9/11). Everyth ing has changed so much.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:30 AM

Sorry Sue ---
I should have provided more information. Our Mexico cruise terminates in Vancouver.

We wanted a non-stop flight back to Vegas, The earliest would require the long layover. I figured that it would be easier spending that time in a bus, rather than in the airport. We are not interested in sight-seeing, since we have already seen the city, twice. I hope I'm not making a mistake.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2003, 06:44 AM

we took the bus from vancouver to seattle last summer...it's okay. they do stop at one rest stop about 1/2 way through & there's a bathroom on the bus. (our bathroom was quite stinky & some of the other passengers complained.) the seats were comfortable. we got an older 'motorcoach'...there were some shiny, more modern ones, too.

not sure how much time you have, but we rented a car from seattle to vancouver. for the day it was about $80. that was nice because we took our time, ate when we got hungry & stopped when we wanted. the border crossing did take about 2 hours, but peace park is beautiful. (fyi. on the bus on the way back, the border crossing was only about 10 minutes...but at a different location.)

we did it for the same reason...saved about $300/person on airfare.

hope this helps. have fun!

Closed Thread

Tags
bus, cruise, customs, day, forum, length, port, princess, review, reviews, ride, saettle, seattle, time, transportation, vancouver