Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Banned

Grand Princess or Enchantment of the seas. Never been on princess but i hear they are better? This is for a family of 3 (2 parents, 1 12 y/o) and PRINCESS is cheaper!!! So what cruise line do I pick???
Old 03-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Hi CRUISELOVER94. This seems to be a popular topic, as there is a lengthy thread about it HERE.

Enjoy your planning!
Old 03-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Like I said in my other reply, it sounds like you really need the help of a travel professional--not an on-line agency--a brick and mortar agency where you can sit down face to face with someone that can present you with all your options. My choice would be Princess but that dosen't mean I think Princess is better than RCL; it just means Princess has what I like and I think it's a good value for my cruise dollar. Others feel the same way about RCL. You need to do some comparison shopping.
Like LisaP says, enjoy your planning! It's half the fun.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:17 AM

I agree with f-mattox.

If you book based on price alone, you will end up with an inside cabin with no view, and claustophobic(sp?).

I for one would rather stay home than spend one or two weeks in an inside cabin. Believe it or not, you do spend a lot of time in your cabin, and that should be your first priority after picking your cruise.

My wife and I alaways book a mini-suite and have never regretted it. Obviously more money, but what the h...That's how you get to enjoy your cruise.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:18 PM

Hello all.

I'm still debating on whether to go with Princess or RCL.

I have a deposit on the Golden Princess in a Visa Suite and a deposit on the Vision of the Seas in an Owners Suite. This is for Christmas this year going to Mexico.

I like the fact that Vision's OS is very large at 520 sq. ft. But, the VS on Golden is an aft cabin.

Also, the price is about the same with RCL being $60 more.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:42 PM
First, hello JimD and welcome to cruise-chat; boy, I wish I had your dilemma.

I normally always recommend Princess; but if you can get RCL's best suite for $60 more than Princess' lowest catagory suite, take it!

And have a great cruise.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
First, hello JimD and welcome to cruise-chat; boy, I wish I had your dilemma.

I normally always recommend Princess; but if you can get RCL's best suite for $60 more than Princess' lowest catagory suite, take it!

And have a great cruise.
Thanks for the comment. Which ship do you think would have fewer children...Golden Princess or Vision OTS? This will be during Christmas this year.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:21 PM
That's tough, JimD; at Christmas there will be lots of families and lots of children on both.

But if I had to make a choice, I think RCL is probably a little more family/children friendly, so Princess would have fewer children. But I repeat, it's Christmas and there will be a lot on both.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:34 AM

Think as well as cabin options, about your dining options....

Princess offer an "anytime dining" option which may be more flexible for you.

I've been on Vision OTS, and Golden & Star Princess (sister ships to Grand) and must admit that while the RCI ships are more attractive visually, I prefer the quality of the Princess product.

The main dining room on the Vision class ships is much more cramped than Golden Princess.

However, Vision's buffet restaurant is nicer than Grand Princess. But Grand Princess scores for the 12 year old with a pizza counter and a burger/hot dog counter right by the main pool. And there's a teen area on the top deck, with hot tub & DJ. And a massive arcade.

Also, count the swimming pools on both ships.... a 12 year old on Vision class has one main pool, with the indoor solarium pool being adults only. On Golden Princess there are more pools to choose from.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:06 AM

We have done Mexico twice on Princess and once on RCL. I like both lines and think they both do a great job. When we took the children we went on RCL; when it was just adults, we went on Princess.

I really don't think you can go wrong with either one. I would probably go with the one that gets you the best cabin for similar money.

As others have stated, there will be a lot of children on both over Christmas.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, caribbean, compare, cruise, cruises, d737, footage, golden, princess, rcl, review, reviews, ship, square, stayed