Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2007, 08:35 AM

Is there anyone stayed in a mini suite on the emerald deck please on the Caribbean Princess?
Thanks
Westie
Old 01-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Hello Westie and welcome to cruise-chat;
I have not had the pleasure of sailing on Caribbean Princess yet, but I have been in mini-suites on several of her sisters.
I highly recommend the mini-suites; they are well worth the rather modest additional cost. You get a much larger bathroom with tub, more closet and storage space, a comfortable sitting area with large sofa that can pull out into a bed, and a much larger balcony than the oceanview staterooms. There are also two televisions, but I'm not sure that is a big advantage.
You didn't ask anything specific so I am sort a rambling on here; if your concern is that the minis on Emerald are all the way aft, or that they are above the nightclub Club Fusion, I have not heard anyone mention that those were issues. If someone else reading this has any more information, please chime in!
The Caribbean Princes and her near-sisters are truly magnificent ships.
If I can answer anything more specific for you, please ask; dosen't mean I'll have the answer but I can guide you to someone that does.
Goodbye for now.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:00 AM

Hi F-Mattox

Thanks for responding.

I read a posting on the cruise critic forum from an unhappy cruiser. They were unhappy with the standard of their mini suite, stating the furniture looked tired and the bathroom was grubby.To be honest I was shocked especially after all the other positive reviews I had read. I guess I will continue to keep a very open mind because I know we will have a fantastic holiday
Old 01-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Westie,
you have the right attitude; when you see one very negative review in the midst of many positive ones you just have to think that person was probably having a bad trip and nothing would have pleased them.
Caribbean Princess is the lines second newest ship and I just can't even imagine the words "tired and grubby" being used to describe anything about it. It's like when I see the word "inedible" used to describe something served in the dining room--I just don't buy it!
I have been on most of the Princess ships, current and past, and none of them, even the oldest, was ever in a state that I would call tired and grubby.
Have a wonderful cruise and stay in touch.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:12 AM

Having sailed on the Caribbean Princess last year, you will find the ship to be wonderful. All furniture is clean and comfortable - nothing at all is ragged and worn. Some people have a tendency to think lighter decor colors are faded and old! Peach and seafoam even look tired when brand new to me! LOL

With your mindset you will have a great cruise! On some reviews I have read, it is hard to imagine the writers ever being happy about anything.

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 01-29-2007, 10:27 AM

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Regards
Westie

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, bathrooms, caribbean, carribbean, critic, cruise, mini, minisuite, negative, princess, re, review, revioews, suite, suites, vs