Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2005, 01:13 PM

My mother in law as a present is paying for our cruise. She bought an outside room on the plaza deck of the carribbean princess. I am considering paying the difference for a balcony room on the Aloha deck. Would it be worth it, to do that. On my last cruise we really only dressed and slept in the room. What do people think? Should I save my money and apply it toward something else.

Nancy
Old 09-12-2005, 04:07 PM

I love a balcony because I love the sound of the sea while I'm sleeping and I like to go out there in the morning for a leisurely start to my day. But I would say save your money in the Carribean. It's too hot and humid there to leave the balcony door open. You're sleep would be uncomfortable and you room would always feel damp.
If you ever go to Europe (especially Venice) a balcony is a must. You will never forget sailing out of or into Venice. Awesome.
Norwegian Gem 2007 (Transatlantic)
Island Princess 2007 (Hawaii)
Caribbean Princess 2006 (Caribbean)
Diamond Princess 2006 (Coastal)
Island Princess 2006 (Coastal)
Splendour of the Seas 2006 (Caribbean)
Island Princess 2005 (Hawaii)
Rhapsody of the Seas 2005 (Caribbean)
Sapphire Princess 2005 (Mexico)
Caribbean Princess 2004 (Caribbean)
Star Princess 2004 (Europe / Transatlantic)
Golden Princess 2003 (Caribbean)
Golden Princess 2003 (Transatlantic)
Golden Princess 2003 (Transatlantic)
Monarch of the Seas 2002 (Caribbean)
Rhapsody of the Seas 2000 (Mexico)
Old 09-12-2005, 04:19 PM

Nancy,
I agree with SeetheSea. The balcony cabin real nice, but, this may not be the exact cruise to go for it. Panama Canal, Med, Alaska you want the balcony.
Also, if Mother-in-Law was nice enough to pay for the cruise it may be rude to go for a higher priced cabin(even if you are paying for it).
Hope you enjoy your cruise

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 12-14-2005, 05:49 AM

WHEN AND WHERE ARE YOU CRUSING TO. THANK YOU MOTHER IN LAW. I WOULD OPT FOR BALCONY WHAT SHE DOSE NOT KNOW WILL NOT HERT HER . PAY THE DIFFERANCE YOU CAN JUST TELL HER YOU GOT UP GRADED. BACK IN 1988 MY MOTHER TOOK MY FIFE AND MYSELF ON ARE FIRST CRUSE .(ON THE OLD ORIGANEL PACAFIC PRINCESS) AND WE WERE IN A SUITE. THAT WAS THE START OH CRUSING FOR MY WIFE AND MY SELF . WE GO EVERY YEAR IN JANUARY OR FEBUARY . WE STARTED WITH THE FIRST CRUISE WITH A INSIDE CABIN THAN A PORT HOLE THAN LARGE WINDOW THAN A PICTURE WINDOW THAN A BALCONY THAN A MINI SUITE NEXT A BAT TUB MINI SUITE AND SO ON. NOW I WILL NOT BOOK ANY THING LESS THAN A MINI WITH BATH TUB AND BALCONY. PEOPLE SAY THEY ARE NOT IN THE ROOM . YOU ARE ON VACATION INJOY. DO IT SPEND THE EXTRA $$$$$

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, law, mother, paying, splendour, venice