Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2004, 11:03 AM

Hi everybody:
MY husband and I are going to Alaska on Diamond on August 28, sailing out from Seattle.
We decided not to book the flights from Princess and I booked tickets online. Saved $500
the question is -- how far is the seaport from the Seattle International airport . I was thinking about taking a cab.
In addition did anybody try to book a helicopter flight direct, is it cheaper?
thank you in advance.
Veronica
Old 03-25-2004, 11:03 AM

Hi everybody:
MY husband and I are going to Alaska on Diamond on August 28, sailing out from Seattle.
We decided not to book the flights from Princess and I booked tickets online. Saved $500
the question is -- how far is the seaport from the Seattle International airport . I was thinking about taking a cab.
In addition did anybody try to book a helicopter flight direct, is it cheaper?
thank you in advance.
Veronica
Old 03-25-2004, 12:35 PM

SeaTac airport is quite a ways out of town. You can spring for a cab or a shuttle - there are several shuttle services available at the airport. I believe ours cost us about $25 in 2001.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:16 PM

thank you very much, I actually want to check how much princess will charge us for transportation from airport and back.
can't wait to get where. I called the hotel where we are stating, they priced it at $60. I told them forget it.I am tourist but I am not stupid
I went to many places all over the world, because I used to live in Europe. However I was not exited like that. It is better to be good
Old 05-13-2004, 10:36 AM

We are sailing on the Diamond on July 31. I've checked on EVERYTHING extensively since this is our first cruise and our 9 year old is coming, too. Princess provides transportation from the ship to the airport for $18 per person/each way. When our travel agent called for the price, they were first misquoted because Princess gave them the price to the port south of Vancouver. So be sure you get the right one!
Old 05-13-2004, 11:13 AM

thank you so much. It seems that Princess did not overcharged us. I will be watching for your posts when you return. Have fun
Roni
Old 06-01-2004, 12:42 PM

try the Gray Line shuttle. It was $8.50 from the airport to the Shereton downtown and we heard it was a bit more to the pier.

I sincerely hope you all have a good experience but you might want to read the notices regarding the mishap in Victoria. The 5/15 cruise and the 5/22 cruise were disasters.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:17 AM

I am cruising on the Diamond July 24th.
Booked my own air(as I had a voucher to use) & saved money on the ticket. The transfers with Princess were $36 round trip.
My concern is my flight home is 10:54am. I have been told it is ok, but, alittle nervous....

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 06-21-2004, 12:38 PM
Banned

Did they get the Diamond Princess repaired? I was under the impression that it would only run half speed. It was supposed to have 1 bad prop, and to large a vessel to get into dry dock up there.Did the passengers that were on those cruises ever get any type of reinbursment?I know that there were a lot of upset people but never saw any more on it!Please let us know how your cruises go! Tom
Old 06-21-2004, 04:31 PM

From the posts and news reports that I have read, the Diamond suffered from 2 bent propeller blades, that were repaired on the second week, which is why they missed the port that week. From what Princess has said, the ship is as good as new now.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, alaska, cruise, diamond, princess