Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2006, 05:06 PM

Just wondering about the mini suite's size for the Princess Carribean. I recently went on the NCL's Pride of Hawaii and the Mini Suite seemed to be a bit small for my liking.Any help would be great thanks!
Old 06-12-2006, 12:05 PM

We haven't been lucky enough to do a mini-suite, just balconies. Their website states that they are 324 sq. ft. including the balcony. The balcony rooms we've had are on the Dawn, Sun, and Sea which are 179 sq. ft. including the balcony. If you go to www.princess.com and look under ships, Caribbean Princess, they give you the layout and the sizes of the various cabins. Hope this helps!
Old 06-20-2006, 01:45 PM

I have sailed in a mini suite on the Golden and the Caribbean and have one booked for the Crown. What would you like to know? They are much bigger than a regular balcony cabin and I find them to be a perfect size for two. (I had a regular balcony cabin on the Grand.) I will happily answer any specific questions you have.

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 06-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Banned

We have had both mini suites and balcony cabins on the Princess line. The balcony rooms themselves are nice rooms. They are large enough for 2 people and would make a nice room for even a regular hotel. The mini suites are 50% larger than a balcony room. If you look on the ship's deck plan you will see that 2 mini suites take up the space of 3 balcony rooms. Like the difference between coach and first class on a plane. The suites are twice the size of a balcony room. One suite takes up the space of 2 balcony rooms.

What you get is more sitting room, another TV, a tub and shower instead of just a shower and more closet space. Everything else is about the same.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:59 PM

Tahnks All! But i have a family of four and we just sqeezed into a balcony room th last cruise we went on, so i was just checking to see if there was any move around room
Old 11-16-2006, 05:57 AM

I'm actually wondering the same thing myself, also. I'm a family of 4 with 2 children ages 3 and 5 and we're considering taking a cruise during the kids' 2008 spring break. I've always cruised in a balcony room. Last year when I was on the NCL Dream, I tried to visualize my kids being in the same room with us - it was too small: one queen bed, one couch...somebody would have had to sleep on the floor. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-16-2006, 08:40 PM
My wife and I had a Mini-Suite on Sapphire Princess earlier this year and we feel it's an ideal size for four(two adults and two children); we plan to take our twin grandsons (age 8) sometime soon. Many Mini-Suites accomodate third and fourth passengers.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Help! I'm new here. How do I delet my first post at 08:14 above? The edit/delete icon isn't doing anything.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:00 AM
Administrator

Hello f-mattox, and welcome to cruise-chat.

I deleted the message for you. The edit/delete feature works for staff only.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:02 AM

My wife and I really like the mini-suit. Lots of cabin space and there is a tub in the bathroom. I think there would be room for two children to stay if in the cabin if they aren't 6ft teenagers. There is a pull out sofa in the sitting area. If you want privacy on the balcony this cabin is not for you. Decks above look down on your balcony. It never bothered me but I can understand how it might impact others.
Enjoy Life & Cruising
Caseyg

Caseyg

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, balcony, cabin, caribbean, china, cost, d518, difference, extra, island, mini, norwegian, princess, room, royal, suite, tub, vs, worth