Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008, 11:34 PM

Hey everyone!

I have just booked a cruise for the first time and was wondering if anyone could help me and give any advice.

I am travelling on the Sun Princess in December for 12 days and was only able to get an 'obstructed view' cabin? I am on a waiting list for any other cabin, what's anyones experience with this?

Also has anyone cruised to vanuatu is it a rough trip?

Thanks for any help! Take care

Lisa
Old 03-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Hello LisaB, and welcome to cruise-chat;

I just came from the Princess website and there were cabins available in almost every catagory (except E, FF, GG and HH) so I guess I'm not clear on why you could only get an obstructed view. If you want some other catagory cabin you or your travel agent should be able to book it now.

I also wanted to check out your cruise, as this is one I had not heard of. It looks terrific--lots of sea days, which I love. I've been to Australia and New Zealand, but not the particular area you are going. Any cruise has the possibility of rough seas but they are usually very smooth. It is nothing you can control anyway, like the weather, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I would like to hear more about your cabin situation, so please keep in touch.

Rick
Old 03-06-2008, 01:46 AM

Hi Rick!

Thanks so much for the reply! I can't believe there are other cabins available! Are there quite a lot left? I was told all balcony rooms were sold out, and this was the best of what was left I was really dissapointed. I really did want at least a deluxe oceanview. I started to think wow you must have to book at least a year in advance for cruises.

I will be going back tomorrow to the agent and letting them know. Is it maybe better to phone princess cruises directly because I know we can't book online in Australia.

The cruise does sound terriffic i liked the fact you have some days at sea first then you arrive somewhere so at least you get a good break.

Thanks again for your help, you may have just saved me from looking at a lifeboat all night for 12 days!

Chat soon

Lisa
Old 03-06-2008, 10:39 AM
LisaB,

I just checked again and there were six cabins that came up in each catagory of balcony cabin, BA-BF; that's 36 balcony cabins I could have booked right now, not to mention many unobstructed oceanviews, suites and mini suites in all catagories. The only thing I can think of is maybe they are allotting so many cabins to different geographic areas. But whatever the reason, if your travel agent can't get you a balcony today, I would call Princess direct.

Good luck, and let me know what happens.

Rick

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cruise, cruises, gem, obstructed, princess, sun, view