Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 04:16 AM

I have read a lot about upgrades which sometimes are good and sometimes bad. We are on the Grand Princess in Dec to the Carribean, and have been allocated a mini-suite with a balcony on Dolphin Deck. D 321 I believe. However if we are to be upgraded can you tell me what I would be absolutely stupid to turn down. Just in case there are any upgrades available before we sail? Thank you. h
Old 09-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Hello hellybelly;

your cabin, D321, is a catagory AB mini-suite. The only place up from there would be a catagory AA mini-suite, which is exactly the same as yours, on the same deck--just a little more midship.

Of course if they offer to upgrade you to a suite, you should jump at it. Just remember there is a difference between an "upgrade" and an "upsell". An "upgrade" is offering you a better cabin at no additional charge, usually when for some reason, they need your cabin. An "upsell" is an opportunity to get a better cabin at a price that is less than the cabin would normally sell for. But I've heard of a couple of instances lately when the "upsell" was just an offer to purchase a better cabin at its regular price. If you want to spend the extra money, fine; otherwise, stay where you are. You have a great cabin
in a great location.

Rick
Old 09-09-2008, 11:20 PM

Thanks Rick,
I really appreciate your advise, the "upgrade" can be a little confusing but we now know what we will do should something "better" come along. Many Thanks. hellybelly
Old 09-11-2008, 11:37 AM

Rick,

You have a great cabin. We have cruised in D 319 and really enjoyed our trip. The mini-suite will be a real plus for your travels.
Enjoy. Color me green with envy.

Caseyg

Caseyg
Old 09-11-2008, 11:44 AM
caseyg55, I wish it was me on the Grand Princess in December; that pleasure is actually going to be hellybelly's. But thank you for the kind thoughts anyway.

Rick

Closed Thread

Tags
offer, upgrade, upgrades