Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2007, 02:47 PM

We are booked for the Mexican Rivera, March 10, 2007. First time on Diamond Princess. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the ship.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:02 PM

Hello I don't know about the Diamond. I do know that you are the best mom a girl could ask for, and that I love you VERY much. Hey everyone, this is my mom. Her favorite line is Princess, they cruise them everytime they cruise. I couldn't resist giving kudos to my mom. Thanks, Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Hi Lil' Lori's Mom!
Welcome to cruise-chat.
Sounds like you cruise a lot; it's nice to have you with us--especially since Princess is your favorite line, as it is mine.
I did the same cruise last March on Diamond Princess' identical twin, Sapphire Princess.
If you cruise Princess you have probably sailed on one of the Grand Class ships or Caribbean Class ships (not sure if that's a separate class but it should be because they are bigger); the only things Diamond and Sapprire don't have are the Movies Under the Stars and The Sanctuary--neither of which appeal to me, but maybe they do to you.
What they do have is more room; they are bigger but hold fewer passengers (except Grand Class, and then only 70 more); not that I ever felt cramped on the other ships--far from it--but Diamond and Sapphire are even roomier.
Other than that, the staterooms, dining rooms, lounges are all pretty much the same. I love them all.
If there is anything specific I can answer for you, please ask.
Once again, welcome; you have a wonderful daughter. To express your love for your mother in a public forum is very special.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:12 AM
Administrator

Welcome, Carol61/Lil' Lori's Mom!

We were on Diamond Princess two years ago to the Mexican Riviera, and loved it. We had cruised many times prior, but this was our first time on Princess. We vowed it would not be our last.

I agree with all that f-mattox wrote. I do have to admit that I was concerned about cruising on such a large ship, yet those concerns disappeared quickly once I was onboard as the ship never felt crowded (except for the champagne waterfall night, but that was to be expected).

I hope you have at least as good a time as we did. She's a beautiful ship, and among our favorites.

Closed Thread