Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2005, 10:00 PM

On the past few cruises we were on most people dressed "with style".

They were not all in tuxedos and gowns, but they were in "finery" of whatever style struck their fancy.

One gentleman had on an outfit that you would not wear to work: It was a snazzy pair of pants and a fun shirt and vest---his hair was braided all the way down his back.....

Ladies wore wonderfully festive god-knows-whats that were better than anything in my closet.....

We all looked great!

That is "Formal Night"!

Lana
Old 09-09-2005, 11:10 AM

I'm probably in the minority with this group but while I dislike getting dressed up for the formal nights I go along with it dressing in a suit jacket which is usually on the back of the chair by mid meal. The tie is next to go. I always wait until the group photo is taken so as not to ruin the shot for anyone who wants it. I really hate to dress after a day at the beach but if you want the better food there's no way around it. The horizon buffet does offer good food of course but it's never the same selection. After diner the first thing both my wife & I do is head back to the room to change for the show lounge.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:14 PM

After reading this thread, I'm feeling like I may have to insist that my hubby go out and buy a suit for our cruise. It's our first-- I booked today...for our anniversary. It was too expensive for our budget already, but we are in need of some 'couple' time-we have three teenagers.
I guess I'd like to hear if he could wear cotton slacks and a nice shirt, or should I ask him to at least buy a sport coat? I don't want to offend anyone else, but neither do I want to fight a battle that is truly unnecessary. Thanks for the help!
Corri
Old 12-12-2005, 12:29 PM

MY WIFE AND I TRY TO GO ON A CRUISE EVERY YEAR THERE IS SOMETHING SPECIAL ABOUT FORMAL NIGHT (IT IS FUN TO PUT ON YOUR BEST) LAST YEAR WE TOOK MY FAMLY ON OUR 40TH ANVERSURY I INSISTED THAT ALL HAVE OR RENT TUX. AND COCKTAIL DRESSES ALSO WHEN WE GO WITH OTHER COUPLES AS WE ARE THIS YEAR IT IS A MUST REMEMBER THIS IS A CHANCE TO GET SOME SPECIAL PHOTO'S DO THE WRIGHT THING
Old 12-13-2005, 12:45 PM

Hello, all....I started this thread so I thought I'd add to it. I didn't know about all of the different dining venues when I first talked to my friend about cruising. She ate in the horizon court, or in the suite with her friend pretty much every night. Sometimes she didn't even eat on the ship because she had lobster on an excursion or something.
So, that seems to explain it!

Closed Thread

Tags
break, caribbean, cruise, cruises, dinner, formal, grand, lines, night, nights, princess, royal, ship, sophisticated, spring, wear