Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2007, 10:11 PM

Not sure what dining rooms you can get anytime dining? Do they have the formal nights as well?
Any other input from someone experienced?
Is it best to book white pass railroad from the ship or direct from them?
How far in advance do you need to book special occasions -birthday's or anniversary's in the dining room?
Old 06-09-2007, 10:11 PM

Not sure what dining rooms you can get anytime dining? Do they have the formal nights as well?
Any other input from someone experienced?
Is it best to book white pass railroad from the ship or direct from them?
How far in advance do you need to book special occasions -birthday's or anniversary's in the dining room?
Old 06-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Diamond Princess has three dining rooms; two are dedicated to Anytime dining. I'm sorry, I don't have the names handy, but if you requested Anytime dining the name will be printed on your cruise card.

Formal nights apply to all dining rooms.

Normally I suggest ship sponsored excursions; but in the case of the White Pass railroad, since 98% of the passengers will be from the ship(s), I'd say book with whoever has the best price.

You should request special occasions when you book. Then as soon as you are onboard, check with the Matre'd to make sure they received the request.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:16 AM

I always tell my travel agent that we are celebrating our xxx Anniversary and she notifies the cruise line.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:09 PM

We did anytime dining on Diamond just two weeks ago. We tried all four of their dining rooms and only need to make reservation a day in advance.

I believe only International Dining room in the back of ship is for Traditional dining. I could be wrong on this so make sure you call to find out. We certainly didn't have problem doing anytime dining at the other four dining rooms. Only one night we ate early around 6:15, but the rest of our trip, we ate after 8pm.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:26 AM

Techboy, How did you find the food on the Diamond?
Old 06-26-2007, 07:15 AM

Good day, we just arrive home from been on the DIAMOND and it was wonderful. We enjoy the whole trip, except for the first day out of Vancouver as we ran into very rouge seas and a lot of people got sea sick.
We pick Traditional dinning for the early sitting, 5:45 and it was great. However they put us in the Vivaldi Dining room and we love it. This restaurant is very nice. The food on the DIAMOND is the best we have ever eaten. We would go back on it tomorrow. Also the POP card was a great thing to purchase as we were drinking pop all the time.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:26 AM

Do they serve king crab legs & lobster claws at the buffet in the evening? We're hoping that it will be similar to the Caribbean Princess.
At time the food selection & quality at the buffet was better than the dining room.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:42 AM

There are deck plans on Princess's website. Click on ships, click on Diamond, and click on the various decks, it will show you what is on each deck and where everything is located. You can even find your cabin. Best wishes.

Closed Thread

Tags
anytime, cost, cruise, cruises, diamond, dining, food, forums, occasion, princess, request, reviews, sapphire, selection, special