My wife and I cruised the Grand Princess round the Carribbean 18 months ago. The ship is absolutely huge, which was a concern of ours, but it's so big that you never feel overcrowded. In summary:
- size: lots of seats, variety of pools/spa, lots of activities
- personal choice dining was excellent
- food was excellent
- crew very personable and pleasant
- service excellent in restaurants
- nightly shows excellent
Not so good:
- food in Horizon Court cafe rarely hot, but this goes for most buffet style food
- drinks expensive
- bit too keen on trying to take your photograph at every occasion. We got fed up of this after a few days.
- ship showing it's age a little and loking a bit "tired" in some areas
- small gym area for such a large ship/so many people (but hey, who uses the gym whilst on holiday!)
To be honest, the gripes are minor and overall I would rate our experience 8 out of 10. A fantastic first cruise for us and we don't regret for one minute the choice we made. Hope you have a similarly fab time Laine.