Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2005, 11:33 PM

I understand there is a drink card for sodas and such, but what exactly is complimentary...iced tea? Hot tea? Coffee? What about bottled water? Is it possible to bring bottles (like sports bottles) on board, even if they are empty so that we can have water in our room at night? Can you drink the water from the sink? What about ice...i understand the ice machines aren't accessible, but can we get a bucket or two a day? Another cruiseline mentioned bringing (or maybe he bought it at an onboard wine tasting) some wine, is that possible? Or is anything alcaholic or liquid prohibited?
Old 06-01-2005, 06:28 PM

Ok, here's some info on beverages.
Free are water, coffee, tea, iced tea.
There is a soda card. Runs $22-25. This is for unlimited fountain soda at the bars. They give you a drink cooler, small size. But, they do have a jumbo sized glass if you ask.
There is bottled water, that you pay for. They give you a large bottle in your room, which they will replace for a cost.
The tap water is drinkable they say. I'll drink it in the dining room. You can certainly bring bottled water yourself, even soda & beer.
You have an ice bucket in your room. They fill it when you need it. But, basically they fill it in the morning & eve keeping it in the frig!
You can always go to Horizon Court to get ice anytime.
Wine you can bring on board as well.
The say if you want to bring it to the dining room they charge a corkage fee. To be honest, I have never been charged this fee.
The one thing they do not let you bring on is alcohol, at least in it's normal bottle. However, if you put it say in a listerine bottle in your suitcase you'll get it on.

Hope I answered your questions............
Old 06-01-2005, 08:02 PM

Tap water is drinkable on a cruise ship. Depending on where you come from, it may even taste better than your water at home! (It definitely tastes better than mine.)
Old 06-02-2005, 01:26 PM

Lady,

Get the drink card, it is well worth the expense. Then just show the your card at any of the bars for your soda. I always asked for a large glass.
Enjoy,

Caseyg

Caseyg
Old 06-03-2005, 11:57 AM

Sunprincess, what do you mean by "drink cooler". A bag? Or one of those little insulated things that goes around a cup? Something else entirely
Old 06-03-2005, 07:10 PM

Sorry, I never get it correct, it's a tall insulated cup. Does not really hold alot of soda. You get the Coke cup "free" with the soda card. I prefer my jumbo sized glass
Old 06-22-2005, 11:27 AM

I have been charged the corkage fee 3 times on Princess on 2 different ships. A trick to avoid this is ask for several wine glasses to be brought to your stateroom by your steward and pour it yourself. You can take glasses of wine in with you for free. Just carry one/two glasses per person who is drinking it and they don't even raise an eyebrow. It's not as classy/elegant as having them do it for you, but having someone else remove the cork and pour it into my glass isnt worth $10 to me.

Another trick on the soda card---$25 per person per week is a lot, considering it costs them about a nickel a glass. So having 2 kids, I bought one card, gave the cup to one kid and the sticker to the other. The one with the sticker can request a large coke, walk into the next room and hand it to another family member, then go to the next bar and get another. They will also fill the glass without the sticker. I didnt feel bad about this because most lines offer free juice or lemonade, at least.

Don't get me wrong tho, I love Princess. Happy Sailing!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 10:44 AM

Just wondering if anyone`knows if there is tonic water availabe with the soda card?
Old 10-17-2005, 05:09 PM

Katie,

Have never tried to order tonic, but, I would think if it is a fountain item you are covered.

Good Luck!

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 10-17-2005, 11:09 PM

Hi,Can you not get juice for free on princess?Is it provided for free on breakfast buffet?Thanks ?

Closed Thread