Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2005, 11:00 AM

can anyone tell me if the star princess is a good ship for teens (15--16) sailing the western carib.
on april 15 2006
is there alot of other teens onboard at this time of the year(school break)

thank you,
mb
Old 10-20-2005, 11:00 AM

can anyone tell me if the star princess is a good ship for teens (15--16) sailing the western carib.
on april 15 2006
is there alot of other teens onboard at this time of the year(school break)

thank you,
mb
Old 11-09-2005, 01:16 PM

My twins, now 15, have sailed on Princess with us 4 times and love it every time. However, they have each other and also enjoy swimming, ping pong, etc.

Be aware that the kid's programs vary greatly on Princess ships. We were on the Western Carribean on the Grand and it was fantastic! Lots of daily planned chaperoned activities in the teen center, a good teen staff, and a fair number of teens despite that it was mid year. During school break times, there are many kids onboard esp the bigger ships and the programs will likewise be active and you will rarely see your kids, they will have so much fun.

On the Regal, there is not "really" a teen program (one small room is provided for all kids 3-17, your teens won't be caught dead near it lol) and they would have to entertain themselves, likewise the Royal and Tahitian.

The Sun class ships have a small teen center but on our trip it was rarely open. A schedule of events, delivered the first day, didn't happen. They still had a great time, because kids just need each other, some music, a few games and a pool to have a great time. Hope that helped.....
Old 01-05-2006, 08:34 AM

I'd like to know if you decided to go on the princess trip (bklynmb1) and how your kids liked it. We are considering a trip on Sapphire Princess at the end of March (spring break). Our kids love the Royal Caribbean mega ships, but our only option for the Riviera is a smaller RC ship. We are considering the princess line because it is larger. Did you go and did your kids like it? Thanks!
Old 02-07-2006, 06:55 AM

I'm glad you brought up this topic. I'm taking my girls on the Grand Princess in July and my main concern is whether or not they'll have a good time. It looks like the Grand was a good pick...is there anyone else going on this cruise with teens?

Closed Thread

Tags
princes, teens