Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2006, 11:37 PM

We will be on the Aloha deck.Does anyone know if there is a DVD player in the room so our little one can watch movies. If not can we rent one on board.

Also, what's it like in the fitness area. Do you have to get there early to get a treadmill and how quickly when you board the ship do you need to sign up for a massage ?
Old 01-18-2006, 11:30 AM

hello Ron Pivo, can you read my new post, please?
Old 01-22-2006, 09:49 PM

We just got off the Sapphire Princess on Saturday January 14th. It is a beautiful ship and you will have a wonderful cruise. I did not see any DVD players in the cabins. Perhaps in the suites. I also did not see anywhere on the ship to rent a DVD player. However, if you have a small portable DVD player to take along, it should work just fine.

For such a large ship, the exercise area is rather small. It is often full to the point of being crowded. I noticed that they have added extra treadmills in the aerobics room. I did not see a sign up sheet anywhere. It was just first come first served. We went to the gym at various times from 8:00--10:00 a.m. and also in the afternoon. Although it was crowded, we were always able to find machines to work out on.

Sorry I can not help on the massage question.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Pivo:
We will be on the Aloha deck.Does anyone know if there is a DVD player in the room so our little one can watch movies. If not can we rent one on board.

Also, what's it like in the fitness area. Do you have to get there early to get a treadmill and how quickly when you board the ship do you need to sign up for a massage ?
You should be able to use the Cruise Personalizer on the Princess site to sign up for spa services. This is something new for Princess, so don't know how/if it works.

Sea days fill up fast for spa treatments, and you get the best deals and have an easier time getting appointments on port days. If you want a massage on a sea day, I'd sign up on the website or at least when they are giving the tours on the day you come on board. They often offer discounts then, too.

Have never seen a DVD player on a Princess ship, but haven't been on the "Gem" class ones yet. Mini-suites didn't have, suites might. Check amenities list on Princess website. Have never seen any for rent or loan either.

Sea Princess Alaska 2002
Dawn Princess B 2 B Honolulu-Tahiti-Honolulu 2003
Coral Princess Panama Canal full transit 2004
Star Princess Eastern & Western Caribbean 2004
Grand Princess Grand Mediterranean 2005
Golden Princess British Isles 2005
Pacific Princess April 2006 Sydney to Osaka
Star Princess Sept 2006 Baltic and Transatlantic
Golden Princess March/April Buenos Aires to San Francisco
Sapphire Princess October/November 2007 Bangkok - Beijing - Bangkok
Sea Princess May 2008 Mediterrean Medley and Iberian
Upcoming
Royal Princess October 2008 Canada and Colonial America
Ruby Princess November 2008
Caribbean 'almost inaugural'

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, center, cruise, dvd, extra, fitness, forum, golden, gym, player, players, princes, princess, room, sapphire