Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2004, 09:31 AM

Hi,

My Mom and I are looking at taking a long, duration cruise to Hawaii. That's where we found Island Princess. Problem is, a lot of people have complained about the ship, saying there's not much to do. My Mom and I went on the Ocean Princess in 2002, and my Mom didn't have the greatest experience. That's why we don't know if we should go on the Island Princess. What else that is good about this ship is that it's a roundtrip 15-night cruise from L.A. That is VERY ideal, because we want a roundtrip cruise from the U.S.

If anyone has anything that they could share, or if they know of any other Hawaiian cruises, that would be great. Also, does anyone know how far you can go to the front of this ship? I know with RCI, that some ships allow you to go to the bow.

Thanks again!
Old 08-16-2004, 09:31 AM

Hi,

My Mom and I are looking at taking a long, duration cruise to Hawaii. That's where we found Island Princess. Problem is, a lot of people have complained about the ship, saying there's not much to do. My Mom and I went on the Ocean Princess in 2002, and my Mom didn't have the greatest experience. That's why we don't know if we should go on the Island Princess. What else that is good about this ship is that it's a roundtrip 15-night cruise from L.A. That is VERY ideal, because we want a roundtrip cruise from the U.S.

If anyone has anything that they could share, or if they know of any other Hawaiian cruises, that would be great. Also, does anyone know how far you can go to the front of this ship? I know with RCI, that some ships allow you to go to the bow.

Thanks again!
Old 08-16-2004, 11:05 AM

While I have not sailed on her, I followed her throughout the Panama Canal and deep Western Caribbean. She is a large ship (I would think about 90,000 gross tons) and beautiful. She has two jet engine-like pods attached to her funnel, which makes her appearence quite interesting. I would think she would be an excellent choice for a round trip sailing to Hawaii. She is large enough to handle whatever ocean conditions you might run into and she has all the amenities Princess is known for.

Have a great cruise

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, duration, fun, good, island, long, number, people, princess, princessshipreviewsislandprincesscondition, problems, reviews, ship, ships