Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 10:38 AM

Sailing the Grand Princess Western Caribbean Feb 9th, 2008. I know it's a bit off season but anticipate weather being farely nice. Anyone sailed the Caribbean at this time of year and can relate on how the weather might be............
Old 01-07-2008, 04:11 PM

Hi steveas0321, it should be just about perfect. For me (I get cold if it's below 90), it gets a little chilly at night, usually in the low to mid 70s. In the day, it is normally perfect, around 85ish. That's normally. Strange things have been happening this year, but I'm sure after you get out of Florida it'll be nice. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:23 AM

Thanks penny3333. I was hoping that someone would come back with a positive note. Like you said the weather has been a bit strange lately. It's that global warming thing(Haaaaa!) Don't believe in it at all. I'll leave my parka at home and stock up on the sunscreen. Kudos
Old 01-11-2008, 06:19 AM

Hi Steve,

We almost always cruise during February break and have never had a problem with weather. If we have one day of "rain" which is usually very little, I expect it. We are going away this Feb again and looking forward to it. Have a great trip!
Old 01-11-2008, 08:05 PM

We all have to think about this GLOBAL WARMING before it's too late. There is big trouble ahead if we don't do something about this now. We went to Alaska last June and the glaciers are melting faster than ever. There will be no glaciers to look at in 20 years. The weather this month has been very off it's normal patern. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Good Heavens!

First, no more dinosaurs; now, no more glaciers: What next?
Old 01-13-2008, 05:26 AM

We're doing the same cruise on the Grand next Saturday & although it's a little cool for swimming here in Florida in an unheated pool I know the Caribbean will be warmer. We always go to the Caribbean during this time of year & it's always been great. We've never had much in the way of rain or wind to ruin our cruise except once last year when they skipped Princess Cays due to heavy showers. (They refunded our port charges). You picked a good time to escape the cold weather for a week.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:23 AM

Skipped Princess Cays?!?! It must have really been raining alot. Well, I can't imagine it would be any fun lying on the beach in the rain, but if you're diving or snorkeling it wouldn't matter much. I've been watching the weather and all they say is "showers". That's probably just on-and-off stuff. I think we'll be fine. I noticed Jamaica is 85 every day and Cozumel about 80. A very tropical rain for sure. Thank's for the updates.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wooddon:
We all have to think about this GLOBAL WARMING before it's too late. There is big trouble ahead if we don't do something about this now. We went to Alaska last June and the glaciers are melting faster than ever. There will be no glaciers to look at in 20 years. The weather this month has been very off it's normal patern. Thanks.
When did weather start having a normal patern? I live in Houston and the only thing that's ever been normal about our weather has been hot humid summers. Thank goodness we've had fewer hurricanes the past couple of years than predicted. The predictions were all of doom and gloom and the shifting climate to cause more than ever before. As always, those who claim to have all the answers and have mother nature figured out were way off the mark. If fewer major and destructive storms are part of the climate change I'll thake the change. Fewer stroms means more pleasant sailing days and fewer missed ports of call!

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-14-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by steveas0321:
Skipped Princess Cays?!?! It must have really been raining alot. Well, I can't imagine it would be any fun lying on the beach in the rain, but if you're diving or snorkeling it wouldn't matter much. I've been watching the weather and all they say is "showers". That's probably just on-and-off stuff. I think we'll be fine. I noticed Jamaica is 85 every day and Cozumel about 80. A very tropical rain for sure. Thank's for the updates.
We're in SW Florida & it lately it seems that they predict chance of showers almost every day but I haven't seem any in the last two weeks. I'm still having to add water to our pool even with the little rain we did get. I wouldn't worry about rain in the Caribbean this time of year - showers are far & few between. Last year was the first time we've ever missed any stop due to rain. It wouldn't have been much fun at the beach in pouring down rain with no letup in sight. (Although it was sunny & bright the next day.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cay, cayes, cays, chat, cruise, expect, feb, february, good, line, months, princess, weather, whats