Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2003, 04:18 PM

I am in a quandry about this personal choice dining. All other cruises (Carnival, RCCL, NCL, HAL) have assigned seating. It is my understanding that the main dining room is only accessible by huge stairway which would make it extremely difficult to access due to disability. Where are the two other "free" dining rooms (not specialty restaurants) and are they more accessible by disabled persons? Thanks for any info.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:18 PM

I am in a quandry about this personal choice dining. All other cruises (Carnival, RCCL, NCL, HAL) have assigned seating. It is my understanding that the main dining room is only accessible by huge stairway which would make it extremely difficult to access due to disability. Where are the two other "free" dining rooms (not specialty restaurants) and are they more accessible by disabled persons? Thanks for any info.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:05 PM

Hi,

Same here, I am still un decided how to book for our cruise, I look forward to peoples experiences.

PD.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:11 AM

Hi Stormy and Peter,
If I am to assume that both of you are asking about assigned dining on Golden Princess,
don't worry! Wife and I did Grand Princess,
the same sister-ship lay-out as Golden and there are no problems with staircases.
There are two separate dining rooms, one each on Fiesta Deck 6 and the other on Plaza Deck 5. Both have own entrances, all level floor and perfectly accessible for the wheelchair. As far as I know, Princess is the only Cruise Line that does assign HP people to a more accessible dining room location, easy to get in and easy to leave. Contrary, I remember, on Summit-Celebrity
they placed us in the dr corner, which meant- to get there early and leave last... in order not to disturb other passengers.
Golden is one great vessel and wife and I encourage both of you to book the cruise ASAP, you will love it!
Kind regards,
Vladimir and Elfrieda
Old 01-19-2004, 11:25 AM

Royal Caribbean has restaurants with two or three floors and you don't need to take stairs to get in. You can just take elevator to your specific floor and you're in. NCL doesn't have assigned seating - they have freestyle dining where you choose the restaurant, the time, and place you dine.

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, choice, dining, personal