Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/)
-   -   wine packages (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/33378-wine-packages.html)

royalcruiser 11-07-2010 01:22 PM

This is our first time on Princess... Do they offer wine packages? I see beer, soda and coffee, but not wine.

f-mattox 11-07-2010 02:05 PM

Yes they do; not like stickers or cards for the soda and coffee, but they have different pre-packaged assortments at a discount to the per-bottle price. The only beer package I'm aware of is the bucket of 5 at the price of 4 available at the pool bars.

royalcruiser 11-07-2010 02:15 PM

Thanks.. I am used to Royal Caribbean, where you can buy a package of 7 or 12 bottles, etc.. and then they have a menu of wines for you to pick from.

I am assuming that you can't pick this out until you get onboard or will they load something up online closer to departure?

f-mattox 11-07-2010 02:30 PM

You know, it may be as you describe; I've never bought a package, I've just seen them displayed on embarkation day outside the dining rooms and Horizon Court. I just assumed they came pre-packaged; but maybe you can assemble your own.

As for being available online, I've never seen them, but then I've never looked for them either. In fact now that I think about it, I have been absolutely no use to you at all. So sorry.

royalcruiser 11-07-2010 06:05 PM

Its all good.. Thank you.

penny3333 11-08-2010 12:13 PM

Royalcruiser, I've never bought the package either, but I believe it's like you explained. You get to select from the wine menu, and they have different catagories with different prices. I have seen them set up in front of the dining rooms on embarkation, but I've never signed up for it.

Your cruise is coming up in no time. I've heard very good reviews about the Golden. Hope you have a marvelous cruise!

royalcruiser 11-08-2010 04:45 PM

Penny,

Thank you for telling me... I just want to be prepared and budget for it... I like the idea of RC having it online, but oh well.

Thanks Again,

dale

penny3333 11-09-2010 10:35 AM

This may help you budget. There is a .pdf form on-line for ordering, but I think all you can do is pre-select and take the form to the tables outside the restaurants to place the order. I may be wrong, but I believe that's how it works.

loislane 11-30-2010 09:38 PM

Apparently Princess used to have a wine package that you could pre-order and pay for in advance. Unfortunately, they seem to have discontinued this option. The contract states that you may bring one bottle per person onboard but they discourage boxed wine. I am wondering why this is discouraged as more wineries are packaging this way and it is much more convenient to carry on the airline.
Has anyone brought boxed wine onboard the ship?