Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 01:22 PM

This is our first time on Princess... Do they offer wine packages? I see beer, soda and coffee, but not wine.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Yes they do; not like stickers or cards for the soda and coffee, but they have different pre-packaged assortments at a discount to the per-bottle price. The only beer package I'm aware of is the bucket of 5 at the price of 4 available at the pool bars.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:15 PM

Thanks.. I am used to Royal Caribbean, where you can buy a package of 7 or 12 bottles, etc.. and then they have a menu of wines for you to pick from.

I am assuming that you can't pick this out until you get onboard or will they load something up online closer to departure?

Old 11-07-2010, 02:30 PM
You know, it may be as you describe; I've never bought a package, I've just seen them displayed on embarkation day outside the dining rooms and Horizon Court. I just assumed they came pre-packaged; but maybe you can assemble your own.

As for being available online, I've never seen them, but then I've never looked for them either. In fact now that I think about it, I have been absolutely no use to you at all. So sorry.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:05 PM

Its all good.. Thank you.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:13 PM

Royalcruiser, I've never bought the package either, but I believe it's like you explained. You get to select from the wine menu, and they have different catagories with different prices. I have seen them set up in front of the dining rooms on embarkation, but I've never signed up for it.

Your cruise is coming up in no time. I've heard very good reviews about the Golden. Hope you have a marvelous cruise!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:45 PM

Penny,

Thank you for telling me... I just want to be prepared and budget for it... I like the idea of RC having it online, but oh well.

Thanks Again,

dale

Old 11-09-2010, 10:35 AM

This may help you budget. There is a .pdf form on-line for ordering, but I think all you can do is pre-select and take the form to the tables outside the restaurants to place the order. I may be wrong, but I believe that's how it works.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:38 PM

Apparently Princess used to have a wine package that you could pre-order and pay for in advance. Unfortunately, they seem to have discontinued this option. The contract states that you may bring one bottle per person onboard but they discourage boxed wine. I am wondering why this is discouraged as more wineries are packaging this way and it is much more convenient to carry on the airline.
Has anyone brought boxed wine onboard the ship?

Closed Thread

Tags
beer, boxed, caribbea, carnival, cruise, cruises, embarkation, order, package, packages, pre, princess, royal, sodawine, wine