Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2007, 05:40 PM

We recently returned from a Celebrity cruise to the Mediterranean onboard the Century. It was our 1st cruise and we loved it. We are planning another cruise fall 2008. We thought we would stay with Celebrity as we were so impressed with the service and as we really like the upscale atmosphere rather than a casual one. The choices of itineraries are rather limited though for the Summit (we want to do Eastern Med. this time). So our question is, is Princess comparable to Celebrity as to the total onboard experience?
Old 11-23-2007, 06:15 PM

Hi. From my understanding, Celebrity is probably a bit more high end than Princess. However, I have had an excellent experience with Princess, and highly recommend it, as do many here. I also think that their mediterranean itineraries are better than Celebrity. I just booked one for fall 2008.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:57 AM
I just found your post, vickster, but wanted to add that waterart is correct; I believe you will find that Celebrity is a little more high-end. But I also recommend Princess; I have been cruising with them for 30+ years and think they are the perfect balance between formal and casual--elegant, but not stuffy.

And, as waterart says, they have several wonderful Eastern Mediterranean itineraries; and a couple on the smaller Pacific Princess, which I believe you will find to be more like Celebrity than the larger Emerald Princess and Grand Princess. But I really think you would like the Princess experience on any of their ships.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:07 PM

Sorry, I too did not see your post. Of course, when you first posted, we were on the Emerald Princess. First and foremost, let me preface this, I don't work for Princess. We have sailed on Royal, Norweigan, HAL, Costa, Carnival and Princess. To me, Princess does it best. We haven't sailed on Celebrity, but of the lines we have cruised on Princess rules. Their ships are immaculate, the service is impeccable, and the food is wonderful. Now when I say the service is impeccable, I don't mean they wait on you hand and foot. What I do mean is that they are attentive and do their utmost to please. Most of the time you don't have to ask for a thing, it's like they read your mind, but if you do have to ask for something they will go out of their way to accomodate your request. I have never felt that I was just one of the crowd, they have always made me feel cared for and that I am a person that matters to them. The Emerald was magnificent and huge. I personally prefer the sun class ships, there are less ammenities, but I just feel more at home on them. The Emerald held over 3000 passengers and we never felt crowded. I really believe you would not be disappointed in Princess. Can't wait to see what you decide on. Once again, I'm sorry for the delayed response. Best wishes and Happy Holidays!
Old 12-12-2007, 01:09 PM
I have sailed on Princess several times and Celebrity once. I find the two lines quite comparable. Choose the itinerary you want without worrying about which cruise line.

Need some cruise help?
Old 12-13-2007, 05:53 AM

I have sailed on Celebrity twice, and on Princess twice. I find that comparable; some features slightly better on one, and some on the other. Princess has anytime dining, which you may enjoy, as you get to eat at different times different nights. Just a small point, I found the lobster much better on Princess (and I am a big lobster fan.) Celebrity give syou a glass of champagne as you board, which is a nice touch, missing on Princess. I think Princess has a better loyalty program, and I am going to concentrate on getting elite status in the future. I am going on a Princess cruise in a few days, and another in February.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:09 PM

I don't think you can go wrong with either Princes or Celebrity. Both take great care of their passengers. I think of Princess as West Coast elegance and Celebrity as more of an East Coast elegance. I would go with the best itineraries. Have a great trip.
2004 Oosterdam
2003 Millennium
2002 Zandaam
2000 Grand Princess
Old 04-07-2008, 07:20 AM

Celbrity and Princess are our cruiselines of choice. they are wonderful whichever one you choose, you shouldn't be disappointed.!

Emerald Princess-11/30/08
Celebrity Century-1/8/09

Closed Thread