Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2004, 05:24 PM

My husb. and I are going on our first cruise in May. Princess Alaskan Sampler on the Diamond Princess. I didn't purchase airport transfers, is there a better/cheaper way to get to the cruise terminal from YVR?
any advice on anything pertaining to need to knows for a first timer would be helpful.
Thanks
Old 11-10-2004, 05:24 PM

My husb. and I are going on our first cruise in May. Princess Alaskan Sampler on the Diamond Princess. I didn't purchase airport transfers, is there a better/cheaper way to get to the cruise terminal from YVR?
any advice on anything pertaining to need to knows for a first timer would be helpful.
Thanks
Old 11-10-2004, 11:07 PM

It used to be that I always used the transfers provided by the cruise lines as they were convenient and fairly priced. However, lately I have been getting my own transportation because I feel like the rates the cruise lines are charging for transfers have gotten too high. I have not sailed out of YVR before, but if you go on line and look up the airport code, you should find the web site for the airport. Most airport web sites have a section detailing ground transportation options and contact information for the various companies.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:31 AM

I was on an Alaskan cruise in September out of YVR and found the easiset way to get from the airport to the ship was via taxi. If memory serves me correctly the cost was about $30.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-21-2004, 09:56 PM

If the Diamond is leaving out of Seward take the princess bus, if it leaves out of Whitter I would recommend the train. Either way you will have to get a taxi from the airport to either the bus or train stations. It really is easier to let Princess handle it. We had a group of 16 people Aug.04 and we pitched in and rented a private bus limo. That cost us about $40 each. Which was $15 cheaper then the bus offered by Princess, We went into Whitter. The previous years we rented a van and drove to Seward. But it cost us $150 because there is no place to drop off a vehicle so they had to drive up and pick up the van at the cruise terminal. It's kind of tough when you land in a metro area but sail from a remote spot. good luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
alaskan, cruise, princess, review, sampler