Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 04:24 PM

Hi all,

I had a wonderful time on the repositioning cruise from Los Angeles to Vancouver, Canada. I returned May 9. There were rough seas a couple of nights but the weather otherwise was sunny and in the 60's - perfect. The food and service were great and I enjoyed the entertainment. There was only one snafu - we departed San Francisco almost 3 hours late due to customs and cruise paperwork. That made us late for our next port, Victoria. The tours still took place, they were just shortened. However, rather than have people meet in the theater or lounge and arrange groups of people according to tour times, everyone was instructed to meet their tour group on the pier. You can imagine 2,600 impatient passengers trying to disembark from one door. It took almost 2 hours just to get off the ship. I understand the need for security with the sign & sail cards but the process of scanning each person's takes a long time. At least we were able to take part of the tour (in this case Butchart Gardens) and we were greatful for that. I also chose anytime dining and we never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes for a table. That was nice.

Kari

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-12-2008, 04:24 PM

Hi all,

I had a wonderful time on the repositioning cruise from Los Angeles to Vancouver, Canada. I returned May 9. There were rough seas a couple of nights but the weather otherwise was sunny and in the 60's - perfect. The food and service were great and I enjoyed the entertainment. There was only one snafu - we departed San Francisco almost 3 hours late due to customs and cruise paperwork. That made us late for our next port, Victoria. The tours still took place, they were just shortened. However, rather than have people meet in the theater or lounge and arrange groups of people according to tour times, everyone was instructed to meet their tour group on the pier. You can imagine 2,600 impatient passengers trying to disembark from one door. It took almost 2 hours just to get off the ship. I understand the need for security with the sign & sail cards but the process of scanning each person's takes a long time. At least we were able to take part of the tour (in this case Butchart Gardens) and we were greatful for that. I also chose anytime dining and we never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes for a table. That was nice.

Kari

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Hi Kari, and welcome back. I'm glad the overall report is favorable. Unfortunately, weather and U.S. Customs are two things beyond our control. I am glad you did get to Butchart Gardens.

We had the same situation on our last cruise--late to a port--and had to meet on the pier. It wouold go so much smoother if people would just follow instructions. But everybody is jabbering when they should be listening and that slows the whole process down.

But I'm very glad you had an overall good cruise.

So what's next?

Rick
Old 05-13-2008, 09:43 AM

Welcome back kjp, glad to hear the over all experience was good. Sorry about the snafu, but glad to hear you were able to make your tour. Start booking your next cruise, it makes the debarkation blues so much easier. Hope you were able to eat some of that good sourdough bread and had some wonderful seafood. Did you get to see any whales?
Old 05-13-2008, 10:07 AM

My husband and I (we're in our 30s) took our parents (in their 60s/70s). Next time, we'll go on a younger or more mixed cruise. Not many young people or people our age on this ship. We wanted this itinerary for various reasons and it suited all of us but I think we'll book the Caribbean - just the two of us - next time. I have to finish paying for this cruise before I can book the next one.

Thanks for your advice and I'll keep reading posts.

Enjoy your next cruise.

Kari

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
angeles, bc, ca, cruise, cruising, golden, la, los, princess, repositioning, review, reviews, rough, seas, vancouver, weather