Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 03:08 PM

Greetings all. I am taking my dad on a trip starting in Venice and through Greek Isles, leaving in October on Grand Princess. Although we are permitted to board the ship on October 29, the ship won't actually sail until the 30th. My father would like to see an opera in Venice on the 29th -- the night of check in. Does anyone have any idea if there is a time by which we MUST check in on that date? Our intention would be to spend the day in Venice, have dinner in town, see the opera, and go to our hotel (nearby the opera theater) to pick up stuff, then take the private water taxi to the cruise ship dock. I am debating whether that makes sense or not.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:41 PM
This sounds like a question only your travel agent or Princess can answer.

I think I would try to check in as early as possible, get settled in, and then go ashore for a night in Venice.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:07 AM

I have done the overnight in Venice on the Emerald Princess and I also would advise you to check in then go ashore. Princess has a unlimited water taxi to and from St Marks square for $15.00 (in April 07) the tickets will be in your room and charged to your sea pass. If you insist on checking late I would make sure you clear it with Princess.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:41 PM

Jim2Tak, thanks for that info. Not sure where to find out if the unlimited water taxi tickets still exist. I don't remember reading anywhere about them until you mentioned it here.

Closed Thread

Tags
2013, boarding, check, checkin, cruise, cruises, effect, late, pacific, princess, shuttle, time, venice, water