Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Administrator

I am considering booking the 5-day cruise on QM2 for the July 4th week. This cruise goes from NYC to Boston, then Bar Harbor, Halifax, a day at sea, and then back to NYC. It just seems right to me, and I'd finally get a chance to cruise on the majestic QM2!

Any comments? At present, all the "cheap seats" are booked and all I have to look at are the standard balcony cabins and above. $$$$ I will probably do it, but need some comments and perhaps some support!
Old 01-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Dave, you know how I feel about Canada/New England cruises...my favorite itinerary. And, there are so few opportunities to do this route during the summer, when your son is out of school. (The only other choices are Carnival Victory, which admittedly we are considering for either July 6 or 20, and Maasdam, which does one-way cruises between Montreal and Boston.)

From the itinerary, I see QM2 will be in Boston on July 4. That alone makes it worthwhile. Boston puts on quite a show for Independence Day. A few years ago, QE2 was here on July 4 and the ship was maneuvered so that her pax could get a good view of the fireworks. (Irony notwithstanding.) Plus, I know where you can get a free tour of Boston.

I also know you'll enjoy Halifax. There's a wonderful maritime museum -- among the best I've seen, and I return time after time. There's so much to do there, and in Bar Harbour. This assumes you'll want to leave the ship at all, lol.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Lisa,

Of course, the cruise would be better if you and your family were going with us!

It just dawned on me that the 4th would be in Boston harbor. Wow! I have to do this cruise.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Administrator

We considered it, but with two other cruises booked in 2006, it won't be possible this year.

At least we can meet up in Boston. I'll even supply the chowda.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Administrator

I am still waiting for Cunard to contact me. It is pretty much impossible to book online with them. If this happens, I am looking forward to chowda and a toooowah of Bahstahn.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:08 PM

Dave, that sounds like a terrific itinerary, especially being in Boston on July 4. I have a daughter living in Boston, so wave to her for me!

I haven't sailed the QM2, but reaction from clients has been very positive. I hope your experience is terrific.

Sandy
Old 01-08-2006, 03:03 AM

Hi Dave,

I've moved the thread to the P&O Princess Cruises (Carnival plc) forum, as Cunard belongs to that part of the Carnival family.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-08-2006, 07:29 AM

Dave,

While I have yet to cruise on the QM2 I agree that this is a perfect opportunity to try her out & get an awesome July 4th celebration too.
Wow.
I do have a friend who works onboard as a bartender. When I met him he was with Princess.
Been to see the ship & Carlos in NYC.

If I was not already booked for July 3rd on the Grand Princess - we shall be in Venice for the 4th I would seriously consider this cruise.

Good Luck, keep us posted.

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 01-08-2006, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Thanks Raoul. I wasn't sure where to post the original note. I'm still finding my way around here!
Old 01-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Thanks Cathy. I'm still studying this cruise. Looks like another day of googling and hand wringing for me!

I like the irony of being on a British ship in Boston harbor for the 4th Of July! Maybe we can toss some tea overboard!

Closed Thread

Tags
5211, boston, cabin, carnival, cruise, cruises, curise, fourth, july, marr, mary, princess, qm2, queen, review, week