Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Administrator

I have never had a problem with people wearing jeans on a casual night. How long are they in view...maybe a minute for the walk from the door to the table? Then the table cloth and napkin covers everything. Using the same logic I suppose they should enforce rules on the type of underwear being worn. No thongs please!

I know what you mean about some of the outfits that people wear - and their apparently exaggerated opinion in how svelte their bodies are. I know I am an overweight bald man, which means I don't wear a speedo to the pool or tight fitting slacks and shirts to dinner. I don't mean to sound snobbish, but I have also been at a table where I was expecting a vice cop to show up at any moment!
Old 09-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Administrator

I'm one who does have a problem with jeans on casual night -- but only IF the cruise line states it doesn't allow them but pax wear them anyway. Same goes for T-shirts and other articles of clothing a line might not allow in the dining rooms at dinner. I don't hold the cruise lines blameless, either, if they look the other way.

We enjoy dressing for dinner, and that includes casual nights. We follow the dress requests outlined by the cruise line and don't understand why it's so hard for others to do the same, particularly as it is stated explicity by the lines in its marketing materials, pre-cruise documents, and onboard. So, for us, it's not simply a matter of jeans or no jeans but respecting fellow pax enough to adhere to the dress codes they've expected.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:49 AM

We just got off the Grand Princess (Caribbean cruise) last Sat & I wore jeans in the dr for all smart casual evenings - nothing was said or posted to indicated they weren't allowed. I can't say I saw a lot of others wearing them but they weren't in view that long to really check. On formal evenings I wore my only dark suit with a 3 button shirt (no tie) as a lot of other guys did also. There were a lot of tuxes being worn as well.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:25 AM

I think it's awful how we can't just dress up for once. When I go on a cruise I never bring any Jeans, neither does my wife. Why does society have to cater to these people who will not dress in a nice way for once. The company I work for is requiring men to start wearing tie and suit again as the way people were dressing was going to far the other way. It's disgusing how the workers in Wal-mart dress these days.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:36 AM

This is a hot button for lots of people on both sides. I don't think it's too much to ask to not wear jeans into the dining room on any evening, but that's my opinion. I remember fondly, cruising days of past when no one would even think of wearing jeans on board, even during the day. Times have changed, but it isn't asking too much to dress up a little. Since this is an old post that has been resurrected, I am going to close this one. Thanks.

Closed Thread

Tags
casual, cruise, cruises, dinner, dinning, dress, jeans, night, nights, princess, restaurant, saul, smart, wear, worn