Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 07:46 PM

has anyone used the internet (own laptop) on board the carribean princess. how is the speed compaired to comcast. do they charge by the minute or can you purchase blocks of minutes at what cost. thanks
Old 04-27-2008, 07:46 PM

has anyone used the internet (own laptop) on board the carribean princess. how is the speed compaired to comcast. do they charge by the minute or can you purchase blocks of minutes at what cost. thanks
Old 04-28-2008, 05:49 AM

I don't bother with bringing my own laptop & just use the ships terminals. If you do use your own I believe it's 75 cents per minute. (There are plans available to cut the cost) The speed goes from fair to terrible depending on the ships location. In the Pacific last year it was lousy most of the time, in the Caribbean it was just fair. I wouldn't count on uploading any large files. It will sit there for 10 minutes at times & then crash. Very Disappointing. It's not comparable to a cable connection from Comcast at all but at least it lets me check & send my email.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:26 PM
On my last cruise, several times it took me 15 minutes to get into my own account at Princess.com--then it crashed. Not worth the aggravation.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
On my last cruise, several times it took me 15 minutes to get into my own account at Princess.com--then it crashed. Not worth the aggravation.

At 75 cents a minute it cost you $11.25!! Just to get aggravated .
We usually take our laptop. I enjoy processing photos on the sea days. All the ships we have been on no matter what cruise line have a few things in common. High price and slow speed... You can get connected but do not count on doing allot.
Didn't you just do the Hawaiian cruise on the Princess? How did you like it? We just booked it on HAL.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Actually, we did Hawaii a year ago April and loved it. We just got back from the Exotic Panama Canal--Ft. Lauderdale to L.A.--and loved it too. But Princess is cutting out Kona next season and reducing the cruise to 14 days. So we are thinking about HAL nest time because they are sticking with the 15 day itinerary.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:14 AM

I'm with your thinking about going on HAL..providing there still are any Hawaiian cruises.

Closed Thread