Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2007, 07:07 PM

Anyone going out of Galveston on the Grand Princess, March 3 to 10th?
Old 02-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Hello MarGram;
not going on your cruise but just wanted to welcome you to cruise-chat and congratulate you on your first cruise; you'll no doubt get hooked like the rest of us here.
You selected a wonderful ship for your first trip. I've been on Grand Princess and really loved it. If I can answer any questions about the ship or Princess, please ask.
You must be very excited--the 3rd is almost here.
Have a great trip and keep in touch.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:44 AM

f-mattox:
Thanks for your quick reply. Still hoping to hear from someone going the sametime we are.
We have a rm/balcony on the Aloha deck, area A316, would you think this to be a good area?
What is the best type of sea sick medicine best just in case. Does anyone have good thoughts for excursions on this trip? Have you eaten at the Sterling Steakhouse? Celebrating our 39 anniversary! We like to go sit on the beach somewhere, any good suggestions? Appreciate all your help, this site is great!
Old 02-25-2007, 06:35 AM

MarGram, if you do not get a response here and want to meet fellow cruisers on the March 3 Grand sailing, you can try an additional site (cruisecritic.com). The boards there have "roll calls" for various ships and I just checked the sailing date you are taking on the Grand. There are many, many people signed up for their meeting at sail away.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:28 AM

SD Cruiser,
Thank you so much!!! I will check it out.
So excited, and now getting nervous. Want to know everything. Ha
Old 05-13-2007, 11:08 PM
I am considering taking a cruise on the Grand Princess in November of this year. But before I do, I would like to hear what the ship is like from people that cruised on her before.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:39 PM
It's been some time since I was on Grand Princess--almost nine years--so hopefully, you will hear from someone with a more recent experience; but I can tell you it was absolutely, well, GRAND!

It was new ( I was on the third cruise) and the largest ship I had been on at that time, so I was awestruck from the moment I laid eyes upon her. It must have been quite a sight--hundreds of people standing on the seawall in Barcelona, their jaws dropped, gazing up at this behemoth.

Some of my best recollections are of the four beautiful and distinct fresh water pool areas, my favorite being the Terrace where you could relax in the pool and watch the wake stretch out behind; and you were steps away from a bar and the Horizon Court buffet. Of course no matter where you were on the ship, you were steps away from a bar. I also loved Neptune's reef and pool, where cheeseburgers and pizza were close at hand.

The Princess theater, Vista lounge and Explorers lounge were all unique and beautiful venues and the entertainment was excellent, especially the production shows. And the views from Skywalker's, the lounge that looks like a huge spoiler on the back, were spectacular.

I didn't try the alternative restaurants on that cruise (I now wish I had, after trying Sabatini's on my last cruise), but the dining rooms were elegant and the cuisine suberb--the best of any Princess ship I have been on.

Our cabin, an oceanview on Emerald deck was very nice but the bathroom was quite small--but then they all are (we were not yet into mini-suite mode). The only real difference in outside cabins (other than suites) is whether they have a balcony and the size of the balcony.

The crew and staff were all cheerful, courteous and seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs. And what's not to enjoy! You're on a beautiful ship, in a beautiful part of the world, with beautiful people who love to travel.

I could go on and on--I guess I have--but if you would like to know about something else, please just ask.

Rick
Old 05-15-2007, 07:43 AM

Hi MarGram and welcome to cruise-chat. The Aloha deck is great, very short walk up to the buffet. I am sure you will enjoy your cruise on Princess, they're my favorite. You can get bonine over the counter, and ginger is a natural sea sickness remedy, there are also things you can get from your doctor. However, I doubt you'll have any problems with sea sickness. Best wishes and have a marvelous cruise!

Closed Thread

Tags
aloha, deck, princess, sapphire