Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2007, 11:38 AM

Can anyone tell me about the laundry facilities on Island Princess? Are there laundromat-type washers and dryers that are coin/bill operated OR is it free to use them ?
Do you know if there are several in each laundry area or just a few machines?
In an effort to pack less clothes, I am thinking that perhaps we could do laundry a day or so prior to disembarking,since we will do the land tour following the cruise.
I am sure that it would be more expensive to have the ship do the laundry for us. Although if there are limited washers/dryers that may be what we end up doing.
Any advice from the cruising veterans????
Old 03-29-2007, 11:49 AM

We just got off the Island Princess from Hawaii. They will give you a little chart showing the location of all laundry facilities when you check in. We were on Dolphin and used the laundry room at the back of the ship on Dolphin deck. There are roughly 7 coin operated washers and driers. There are also facilities for ironing. You can get change at the purser's desk. My wife brought her own detergents. There is also a coin machine in the laundry room. Look out! It can get very busy in there. Early morning is the best.

Good luck!
Old 03-30-2007, 04:44 AM

I don't recommend the ships laundry service. We get free laundry service & I wouldn't use them any more. They shrunk my socks & underwear although they did do a good job on dry cleaning my suit. It's much cheaper & easier to get up early & do it yourself & know the job is don't right. If you wait till the day or so before getting off the ship- It will be crowded so make sure you get up early & get a jump on the crowd.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:21 AM

Thanks for sharing this helpful information.
If necessary, I can always handwash some of the items, but I was concerned about my husband's jeans. I will now plan to do those a few days before disembarking.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:51 AM

Hi You dont have to get up too early to do laundry...the door is locked till 8AM. This is a good thing if you cabin is close to the laundry. Machines and soap a dollar each. I did laundry twice on our 15 day cruise. Great in cutting back on clothes and to bring home clean clothes.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:57 PM

Do you know what time the laundry room closes for the night?

Closed Thread

Tags
coral, cruise, cruises, dryers, facilities, free, island, laundary, laundromats, laundry, plans, princess, room, ship, ships, washers