Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2005, 04:10 PM

This is our first cruise and we are non smokers. I have read a lot about that being a problem on balcony rooms and resturants. We will be on the Caribe deck close to the front. Is it really that bad? Also would like to hear what anyone thought about the cruise through the Tracy arm. Thinking of changing to RC as they go all the way to Hubbard. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:44 PM

We were on the Diamond, Caribe deck last week. Yes there is smoking on the balconies but we seldom felt any effects from it especiall when the ship was moving. The smokers were below us and one cabin to the rear. They were rather noisy however but that has nothing to do with smoking. None of the dining rooms have smoking but one or two of the bars do including one cigar bar.

My wife has a problem with smoke but had no problems on the boat.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:59 PM

Smoking is allowed on balconies & the outsides decks. But, generally not a problem. There is no smoking in the restaurants at all.
As far as Tracy Arm......it is nice. But, I much preferred doing Glacier Bay.
Enjoy
Old 04-10-2005, 10:14 AM

My wife and I did an Alaska cruise on Star Princess in July 2003 that visited Tracey Arm. As it is our only trip to Alaska so far we can't compare it to other glaciers.

The journey up the fjord was outstanding. We were up before 6am to see us enter the fjord and spent the whole 6 hours before we left the fjord either on deck, on our balcony, in the buffet (which has floor to ceiling windows) or in the bar at the top of the stern with its spectaular views. Our balcony ironically provided the most restricted views so we spent only minutes there before heading back on deck. We saw lots of eagles and seals, a grizzly and its cub and the glacier. The captain did two entire slow motion revolutions of the ship right in front of the glacier so we could all see it in its majesty. The naturalist on board who gave a commentary from the bridge for the whole 6 hours was outstanding and ensured that we missed nothing. Wow what an experience! So as you can gather we were not dissappointed.
Princess Star 2003, Sun 2004
P&O Oceana 2004
RCCL Nordic Empress 2002
Regal Empress 2002
RCCL Legend of the Seas Apr 2006
Saga Ru** June 2006
P&O Arcadia July 2006
Carnival Miracle Oct 2006
Booked:
RCCL Navigator Apr 2007
P&O Aurora Sep 2007
QM2 Sep 2007
Sapphire Princess Apr 2008
Old 04-13-2005, 04:26 PM

My wife and I are non smoker and just returned from Golden Princess cruise in March. We had no problems. No smoking in restaurants but there is smoking in the casion and a couple of the bars. One side of the ship was open to smokers around the pools the other was non smoking. We never had a problem. Enjoy your trip

Caseyg

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, bars, caribe, cruises, deck, diamond, nonsmoking, princess, reviews, smoking