Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2007, 04:52 PM

Hi All! Anyone been on Tahitian Princess? We are doing 12 night Honolulu-Papeete now in August. Opinions on ship itself, food, sea turbulence & dealing with flying so far each way? Also any of you do your own excursions vs Princess pricey ones?
Old 07-16-2007, 05:37 AM

We are going in September the other direction, Papeete-Honolulu. We are very excited. Hope you get some responses to your questions. We are curious also.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:16 AM

I haven't been on the Tahitian, but have been on 5 Princess cruises, #6 upcoming, Lord willing. You are in for a wonderful experience. Not sure where you're flying from, but have done a non-stop from Dallas to Oahu, which wasn't bad going over but was horrible on the way back. The way over we were on the side with 3 seats, the way back, stuck in the middle of 5 seats in the middle of the plane. It was a little over 6 hours flying time, with 4 hours over the water. Hawaii is great! You'll have to adjust to the time difference, the first night I was awake at 2 am, and hungry. Needless to say, there's not much available at 2 am. I tend to stick with ship excursions when it's the first time I'm visiting an island for two reasons. I know the ship will wait if we're late from our excursion and I know the cruise line has examined the tour company. If you feel comfortable doing it on your own, you have thoroughly researched it on the internet, and know of reputable firms, then you might save some money. Just be aware, the ship will not wait if you're late unless you've booked through them. It is your responsibility to catch back up to the ship, which could be quite expensive. We've sailed on Carnival, Costa, Royal Caribbean, Norweigan Caribbean, HAL, and Princess, so far Princess is my favorite. A few years ago Princess had a cruise from Papeete to Sydney for $899/pp for a balcony, I almost booked that one, but the air fare was killer. Guess I need to learn to swim better. Anyway, the service on Princess has always been wonderful, the ships are spotless, and the food has been wonderful. I truly believe you both will have a wonderful time. I sure hope someone that has sailed on the Tahitian will post an answer and hope I helped a little. Best wishes!
Old 07-16-2007, 04:45 PM

Hi! Just be sure all your air arrangements are intact & you know what's going on cause we had problems when one of us had a name change & the airlines didn't have the seat assignments anymore as if the person had cancelled the trip! After 3 calls to Princess & the airlines it has been fixed but be careful! I have read different things about this ship from it's great to lousy food but we are hoping for the very best all around! Wanted to go the direction you are choosing but to accomodate 5 people we had to go July 31 instead of July 19. Consider buying a guidebook. Just got the Lonely Planet guide & it looks very promising. Also reserve your shore excursions early on Cruise Personalizer on Princess.com & you can always change your mind or cancel them up to 24 hours before going! Good luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, papeete, reviews