Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2007, 03:31 PM

Has anyone heard anything about the sewage smell situation on The Star. My husband is ready to back out if its still as bad as we've heard?? Anyone been on there recently? Any recent reviews???
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 01-17-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm curious to know where you heard about this;
this is the first I've heard of it.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:27 PM

On another cruise board there is a thread with about 700 posts about itas well as 2 or 3 other threads, On most of the reviews I've read on the Cruise-chat board and Cruise-Critic board its mentioned too. Although some say its TERRIBLE other posts say its not that bad.
It seems to be worse on the Starboard side and some posts and reviews and they could not go out on their balconies because of it.
I asked our travel agency and she acknowledged it and said they were working to fix the problem.
I'm hoping it will be a distant memory in 45 DAYS! LOL!
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 01-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks--I had no idea;
of course I'm not too likely to read a review of a ship I'm not going on in the near future.
I'm sure the problem will be corrected quickly as word of something like that will surely start resulting in cancellations.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:23 AM

Yes there does seem to be ALOT of rooms still avaiable on the ship for March 3rd and when I checked the sister ships for the exact same date it seems almost everything is booked.
Hopefully they will get on it. From what I've read it seems to have something to do with the fire and they can't seem to figure out how to fix it.
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 01-18-2007, 07:07 AM
Banned

I would get all the info possible about this. That would not be pleasent at all. Some people have it in their heads though that there is a sewage smell. I never smelt anything bad on our ship. I have heard my aunt and uncle say they could smell when people would go to the bathroom...but I dont believe them, they are idiots.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:10 AM

Yes I know that's why my husband is getting nervous. We are going to renew our vows for our 15th anniversary and he doesn't want to be smelling poo-poo when its supposed to be romantic. We've been fostering kids for a LOOOONNNGGGGGG Time and we've had 2 in diapers for 13 years. Need a break from that while we we're gone.
The travel agent did address it though and said they've been working on it. I actually feel kind of sorry for Princess because YOU KNOW they would not allow it to continue if they could figure out how to fix it. They have staff that live on there so I'm sure its not just consumers who don't want to smell it!
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 01-18-2007, 10:16 AM

My wife and another couple returned from a cruise aboard the Star on December 18th. During the entire week we never encountered any smell of any type. We booked a mini suite in the middle of the ship. I guess it could be possible to have a smell depending on your room location. We found this to be the best cruise that we have been on in every regard.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:06 AM
BLUEJAYS, welcome to cruise-chat and thank you for that reassuring and very positive review.
swimmersonboard, I'm sure you've noticed how complaints are very often exaggerated; for instance, I've seen the word "inedible" used several times recently to describe meals in some dining rooms and I try to imagine something served on a cruise ship so awful it can't be eaten.
And I wonder if there is a little group hypnosis at work here; one person smells something and pretty soon everybody is complaining about it.
I'm not suggesting there is not a problem; just that I doubt if it's as bad as we're being led to believe.
And I'm sure Princess is putting every resource available into fixing the problem--there's too much at stake!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:29 PM

Thanks Bluejay Please write a review of your experience I WOULD LOVE to read it! I am SO excited! We cruised two other cruise lines but never Princess and I glad to hear you say it was a great experience. I appreciate you remarks.
Mattox......I agree completely and I am generally an optismist and know what you mean.
Cyndi
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Nordic Empress 1996

Closed Thread

Tags
board, carnival, cruise, freedom, odor, princes, princess, review, sewage, ship, ships, smell, smells, star, type