Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 07:47 AM

I have booked for January on the Crown Princess and was wondering if anyone has used the Sanctuary section and if so what did you think of it?
Also, I just saw a clip from an old "Love Boat" show and it has all the passengers throwing confetti and streamers from the top deck as they leave port. I usually stand on my balcony as we leave so I was wondering...do they actually still do this or was it just for the TV?
Old 08-16-2008, 07:47 AM

I have booked for January on the Crown Princess and was wondering if anyone has used the Sanctuary section and if so what did you think of it?
Also, I just saw a clip from an old "Love Boat" show and it has all the passengers throwing confetti and streamers from the top deck as they leave port. I usually stand on my balcony as we leave so I was wondering...do they actually still do this or was it just for the TV?
Old 08-16-2008, 08:33 AM
I have not been on a ship with the Sanctuary yet, so I will leave that to someone who has; although as I remember, Penny thought it was great. At first I resented the idea of having to pay for a little peace and quiet, but it is apparently much much more than that.

Sadly, due to security issues, visitors are not allowed onboard anymore, or anywhere near the ships; so sailaway is not the festive affair it once was. But it was not just for TV: we actually used to do that.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:17 PM

The Sanctuary is awesome, it is the absolute best place for pictures coming into port, it's a fantastic place to get away from the crowds, you can get a massage, read, get food, and it's wonderful. There are some pictures on my review post of the Emerald Princess. You can't throw anything from the ship any more. Hope you have a fantastic cruise!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the info penny3333. I've searched all over the website....Just where is that review!?
Old 08-22-2008, 08:33 AM

It's here and there are pictures of the Sanctuary in my pictures, too.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:07 PM

I'm sorry to be so dense, but even when I go into the review ( and it was a great one ) I can't find those pictures.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Me either and I want to know Just what is a Sanctuary on a ship and do all ships have them??

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 08-22-2008, 02:54 PM

Hi janfred,
I found a place where penny3333 also posted a review and pictures as an answer to oceanliner 5's ...first time cruisers thread, just a few down the page.
The Sanctuary looks like it is sheltered from the elements by a big canvas roof, with lots of plush chairs and private service. Quite posh!!
I certainly wouldn't mind trying it out at least once even though you do have to pay.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:22 AM

Hereare the pictures. You'll have to click on the Emerald Princess Gallery.

Closed Thread

Tags
crown, cruise, cruises, deck, passengers, princess, review, reviews, sanctuary, streamers, the, throwing