Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2002, 05:24 PM

Hi, My husband and I are finally going on our first cruise after talking about it for 25 yrs. We are flying into Miami from Toronto on feb 6th for a Dawn Princess cruise on the 8th. Any advice for Hotels in Ft Lauderdale are? Any other advice for the cruise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks... I love reading your chats. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2002, 05:24 PM

Hi, My husband and I are finally going on our first cruise after talking about it for 25 yrs. We are flying into Miami from Toronto on feb 6th for a Dawn Princess cruise on the 8th. Any advice for Hotels in Ft Lauderdale are? Any other advice for the cruise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks... I love reading your chats. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2002, 08:36 AM

We are also traveling in Nov a day early so I have done research on where to stay. Last year, we stayed at the Hilton near the airport. This year, we are staying at Best Western Rolling Hills. Cost is $79 per night 954-475-0400.
Old 10-07-2002, 09:50 AM

We stayed at the Sheraton Airport. They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, but you need to take a taxi to Port Everglades (about $10-12 as I recall).
Old 10-07-2002, 10:28 AM

Try Embassy Suites in Ft Lauderdale. I have enjoyed it a couple times. Great location as far as the port is concerned!
Karen
Old 10-07-2002, 10:53 AM

Thanks for your help. I'll check these out. How early can you get on the ship?
Old 10-07-2002, 01:41 PM

Plan on boarding between 1:30 and 3 PM, and if it's toward the early time, be happy! I advise getting to the cruise terminal at the port about 12 to 12:30. Expect some waiting, no matter what you do. Have a great cruise!
Karen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2002, 07:04 AM
Banned

I have sailed on the Princess and their on line registration works great. I read on another site that it is worth making a copy of this registration to take a long with you just in case Princess did not get your on line registration. Seemed like a good tip to me. Take at least 2 different colored hi-liters to mark up the daily newsletter that Princess puts out. One color for you and one for your spouse so you can keep track of what you want to do. Start to compile a list of tips that you have picked up and a check list of things that you need to pack. Take the tip sheet with you otherwise you will forget many of them. Enjoy your cruise. If you forgot something don't worry you will find some place that will sell what you need.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:48 PM

Thank you so much... great tips. I have started my list.

Closed Thread