Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2007, 06:27 PM

I need to ask the experts a question again!

I would like to take my whole family on a cruise to Mexico in February. There would be 4 of us in the cabin - myself, my Husband and two children (ages 8 and 5.) Does Princess (and other cruise lines) offer a discount to children? I thought I read somewhere once that 3rd and 4th passengers in the same cabin are 50%off.
Thanks in advance!
Old 07-04-2007, 06:27 PM

I need to ask the experts a question again!

I would like to take my whole family on a cruise to Mexico in February. There would be 4 of us in the cabin - myself, my Husband and two children (ages 8 and 5.) Does Princess (and other cruise lines) offer a discount to children? I thought I read somewhere once that 3rd and 4th passengers in the same cabin are 50%off.
Thanks in advance!
Old 07-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Hi Krysta. Third and fourth passengers in the same cabin do pay discounted rates, although the amount can vary. By the way, it doesn't matter if the third/fourth are adults or children. Occasionally, there might be an even lower rate for kids under a certain age (provided they are third/fourth in cabin), but I haven't seen that for a while -- and very rarely during school breaks.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Hi Krysta; the last time I saw a "deal" for kids was 1994 when we took my youngest son (11 at that time) around Hawaii on the old Independence. The "deal" was the first two in the cabin were regular price and the third was "free". Of course the regular fare was so high the "free child" was really no deal.

As LisaP points out, the third and fourth person fare is slightly less, and it dosen't make any difference if it's child or adult.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:36 PM

Wouldn't you like to take your 24 year old son at that rate now! BTW I have a 25 year old son and my daughter is staring at 30 in December.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:46 PM
That's a nice spacing. My three sons are 8 years apart; 24, 32, and 40; and to anticipate the usual next question, yes! Same wife.

I wish they had been closer together in age so they could have done more things together as brothers. But they are very close as adults, as is the whole family, and for that I thank God daily.

So Grandpa Ken, how does it feel? Is there anything better? My most recent is 6 months now and he smiles when he sees me and my wife--if that dosen't melt your heart! And our middle son and the eight year old twins are due Saturday for a 2 weel visit, I think it's about time to think about a cruise with them.

Whew! Back on topic and not a minute too soon.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Off topic for a minute:

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the edit/delete tab on the site? For several days I have tried to edit right after posting, like just now, and it won't let me. And I also have not been able to start a new topic. I wonder if it's the site or my gear. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Rick
Old 07-19-2007, 12:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
That's a nice spacing. My three sons are 8 years apart; 24, 32, and 40; and to anticipate the usual next question, yes! Same wife.

I wish they had been closer together in age so they could have done more things together as brothers. But they are very close as adults, as is the whole family, and for that I thank God daily.

So Grandpa Ken, how does it feel? Is there anything better? My most recent is 6 months now and he smiles when he sees me and my wife--if that dosen't melt your heart! And our middle son and the eight year old twins are due Saturday for a 2 weel visit, I think it's about time to think about a cruise with them.

Whew! Back on topic and not a minute too soon.

When I come to the door to see my grandkids, they holler in unison "Grampa!" Just about the nicest welcome I have ever known.

Thread conscious, we enjoyed our family cruise with my first grandchild in 2004, and as much as I enjoy meeting new folks, (as in table mates), we had a wonderful time as a family. I highly recommend it!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Agreed! I spent some real quality time with my son on our last trip. Even though he lives at home, we never see too much of each other. Even tossed back a few with him and his night owl friends--he is real fun guy--just like his ol' man.

In regard to my previous post, everything is working fine now. I don't know why, but I'm not questioning it.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:40 PM

My son and I went to the track tonight to watch the ponies and throw a couple beers back. It was "buck night" and hot dogs were a dollar and beer was $ 2.00. Okay, so it was MGD but time with Joe...priceless!

Closed Thread

Tags
4th, child, children, cruise, cruises, crusie, forums, half, kids, price, princess, rate, rates, regular, special