Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2006, 12:27 PM

We are going on our first Princess cruise in June (Inside Passage out of Seattle). I read on their website that they allow you to bring wine or champagne on board to celebrate a special occasion (subject to $10 corkage fee), but I couldn't see anything about hard liquor. Since this needs to be a budget trip for us, I was hoping to bring a bottle of vodka on board. Does anyone know if I will be permitted to do so?

Thanks.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Princess' official policy is no hard stuff allowed, however a bottle or two is usually ignored at embarkation check-in since the cruise lines rarely operate the security at the embarkation port. However, things change once you start the cruise and visit the ports. They will "for your convenience" take any booze at the ship's entrance and hold it for you and return it on the last day or evening.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:58 PM

just came back from a princess cruise and had no problem with liquor just make sure it's in your carry on plus we had some in our luggage and no one stop us, they just don't want you carrying it on in a bag just put it out of site, we also carried on pop, and water because we needed mix for the liquor, i also carried a coffe mug for orange juice for the vodka have fun
Old 02-06-2006, 04:17 PM

Kim,

As Dave mentioned Princess Policy states no carry-on liquor. But, if they do not see it or know what it is you may be ok.
Wine & champagne are fine.

You will find very good prices for vodka on board. May be an option too.

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 02-14-2006, 09:02 PM

We also brought on bottles in our checked bags, I actually used the listerine trick along with putting a bottle directly in the suitcase and both arrived safely. VOdka can easily be disguised in a water bottle as well. Hope your cruise is alot smoother than ours. If not you will need all the booze you can smuggle.

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 02-15-2006, 06:21 AM

What was NOT smooth about your cruise Leigh?
Old 02-20-2006, 10:55 AM

You can bring all the wine you want and only pay the corcage fee if you take it to dinner. We brought nine bottles with us and we saw others with cases of wine. You have to carry the wine.

Hard alchohol is easy too. Just pack it with your luggage. We brought vodka and bourbon with no problem. We also had a suitcase full of cans of soda and water. They did open that suitcase but left it all alone. When they scanned it they probably thought it was a case of beer.

We bought a bottle of tequila at a port and brought it right on board. Scanned it with our carry on bag and they left it alone. First port.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:34 AM

When we went last year on the Caribbean princess, we took 3 bottles of wine to have with dinner. This turned out to be very economical because they charge $6-7 for a glass of wine. They only charge you the corkage fee once, so if you don't finish the bottle at dinner, they will recork it, label it and you can have it the next day. As well, if you take your own wine you are guaranteed to like it. They will not let you take hard liquor on board, however, if you are creative, there are ways to get some on board. I put some in a sterilized hairspray bottle, which really does not look out of sorts in a beach bag.

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, board, bring, bringing, caribbean, case, cruise, cruises, curise, day, embarkation, liquor, onboard, princes, princess, ships, wine