Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2007, 03:38 AM

Anyone ever had a balcony room on either of these ships on the lido deck(deck 15). Looking at booking a room on this deck but a little concerned about noise from pool areas and MUTS which I heard can be quite loud. Generally looking for a balcony that's private from all angles and a room that is quiet. i figured being on the top cabin deck would lend to being private (more so than others).
Old 02-13-2007, 10:11 AM
The cabins on Lido deck are far enough foreword that noise should not be a problem from the pool or MUTS; you are under the spa but I've never heard complaints about nose from there.
You might consider the balcony cabins on Caribe deck, all the way foreword; the balconies are larger and you have cabins above and below you. In fact in C 101 or C 102 you wouldn't have anybody above you or on one side.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:34 PM

We have always requested a room on the same deck as the pool. Granted, we've never been on the Crown or the Caribbean, but have sailed the Sun and the Dawn and always had rooms on the same deck as the pool. We are sailing the Emerald in October and booked a room on the Lido deck. It's great being on this deck, especially if you hang around the pool alot on sea days. Hope this helps!!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:23 PM

I recently cruised on the Caribbean 2/3/07. I was in balcony cabin R710. It was very quite however the passangers next door were smokers and I frequently smelled their cigarettes in my cabin. My table mates from dinner were in a penthouse suite on deck 14 and were awaken daily very early morning from the thuds caused by the setting up of deck chairs on deck 15.

Previous Cruises:
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas - Eastern
Carnival - Fascination X2 - Southern
Carnival - Tropicale - Western
Celebrity - Millennium - Eastern
Celebrity - Century - Western
Princess - Caribbean - Eastern
Old 02-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Maureen361, hello and welcome to cruise-chat;
I hope you mentioned the cigarette smoke problem in your comment form; if enough people complain maybe they will start to designate certain blocks of cabins for smokers. This is why I book as far forward as possible--less chance of smoke wafting in.
It's unfortunate they designed the ships so some of the most expensive staterooms are under the most problematic area--the pool. I would love to try a suite sometime, but at the stern, not there.
dl7895, if you are still there, I still think you will be fine on Lido deck; just get as far forward as you can.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:12 AM

Maureen361- We were on the same cruise on 2/4/07 & although we didn't have ant smoke problems with our cabin (E302) there was always a particular cabin area on our deck that had a ventilation problem & the smoke smell was always prevalent. I'm glad that we didn't have a cabin close by.

Closed Thread

Tags
balconies, balcony, caribbean, carribean, crown, cruise, deck, lido, line, princess, private, reviews, room, rooms, sapphire, smoking