Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 01:25 PM

I've never been on a cruise before so i'm looking for some advice on selecting a stateroom. We're planning a 7 night Alaska cruise on the Diamond Princess.

We will choose an interior room so view is not an issue.

Having a choice between Deck Plaza and Deck Caribe I bet Caribe is the better choice, as bars and theatre are right above the deck Plaza staterooms.

But then, front or back on Caribe deck?
With a choice between C728, C737, C226 and C233 which one to choose?
Old 11-18-2010, 05:36 AM

Hi annet2011, welcome to Cruise-Chat! Since you'll be in an interior forward or aft really won't make much difference. You'll want to be close to the elevators, but not right there as you can get noise from others not as courteous as they should be. I think you would enjoy the Caribe deck. The Plaza has some public areas, so there may be more noise.

I hope you enjoy Princess as much as we do, they're our favorite line, so far. The ships are immaculate, the service is impeccable, and the food is wonderful. I have heard rave reviews about Alaska, just too cold for me

Have a marvelous cruise!
Old 11-18-2010, 07:51 AM

Thanks!

So it won't make a difference in feeling more movement of the ship in rough weather in the front part?
Or hearing noise from engines in the back?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:35 AM

Not really on the Caribe deck. The closer to mid-ship, the less movement you'll feel. The Caribe deck is high enough that you will not hear engine noise or wake noise from the waves nor the chain noise if they drop the anchor. You're about 9 decks above the water line.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:38 AM
You have nothing to worry about as far as noise from the engines in back. I'm usually in the back of Emerald Deck and noise is just not a problem. Any of the the four cabins you mention would be fine. What little motion you may feel would be about the same in any of them.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribe, choose, cruise, cruises, deck, decks, diamond, emerald, noice, noise, princess, review, reviews, stateroom, staterooms