Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/)
-   -   Assigning of guaranteed rooms (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/36471-assigning-guaranteed-rooms.html)

royalcruiser 01-31-2011 08:48 AM

Assigning of guaranteed rooms

Can anyone tell me how soon after the 90 day window that Princess assigns rooms? this is the first time that I have done this.

any feedback is welcomed also.

f-mattox 01-31-2011 06:59 PM

My friends that have booked "guarantee" cabins usually get the cabin assignments 30 to 60 days before sailing.

royalcruiser 02-01-2011 04:15 AM

Thank you...

It seems as though that you and I are the only ones monitoring this forum these days. Its kind of disappointing. I feel like that there are more people sailing on RCI than Princess, as people have more comments and seem to watch that string a lot closer.

Just my opinion.

Sandy 02-01-2011 07:30 AM

I think there are a lot of folks reading this section, but apparently don't respond as often to things as in the Royal Caribbean section. Perhaps more RCI cruisers use this site than Princess, but I know we have many happy Princess cruisers who do access this section, although perhaps not every day. Having your question answered within 10 hours is a pretty good response, actually.

Princess usually starts working on their guarantees when final payment date has passed, although it's hard to say on exactly which day prior to cruising any particular sailing is completely assigned. F-mattox is right that you should have your cabin assignment outside of 30 days prior to sailing, although cruise lines claim they CAN make assignments as late as week of sailing. I've never seen Princess wait that long except in cases of people booking close to sailing.

Thanks for helping to keep this section active!

peter l 02-01-2011 10:02 AM

I have been on mostly RCI ships except for one with Celebrity and my first coming up with Princess..I check threads every day or so to help me with ideas on my upcoming cruise for ideas and also as I've not been on Princess it has helped lots..

Peterl

penny3333 02-01-2011 10:20 AM

I try to check every day, just depends on how crazy it is at work. Princess is a fantastic line and we've always enjoyed our cruises on them. Sorry I didn't see your question sooner.

royalcruiser 02-01-2011 03:22 PM

Thank you all for responding today!! We've never done the guaranteed rooms before, but we did it on this one, since we are guaranteed a balcony. it saved us quite a bit of money. I figure worst case, I will just "buy up" to a cabin that is available.

Thanks Again,

Dale

J and S 02-03-2011 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royalcruiser (Post 285132)
Thank you...

It seems as though that you and I are the only ones monitoring this forum these days. Its kind of disappointing. I feel like that there are more people sailing on RCI than Princess, as people have more comments and seem to watch that string a lot closer.

Just my opinion.

Not enough choice for me on Princess this year, sailed on Sea Princess in October 2009 for 2 weeks around caribbean and wanted to do same this year sept/oct but no offerings. Cruises dont seem to start until Nov this year and the Emerald Princess that is doing caribbean around that time is only doing 10 or 20 days for some bizare reason. We want 2 weeks so forced to look elsewhere and looking to sail on Allure of the Seas on 1st Oct 2011. Shame, I have a feeling we are not the only custom Princess have lost this year around that time. Our cruise in Oct 2009 was packed and plenty of other cruise ships. Some people are saying that the demand is not there, I dont beleive this.

I must say we really really enjoyed Princess and would rather sail on Princess than go elsewhere. Sure we will be back if the schedule is right.

royalcruiser 02-27-2011 05:52 PM

My parents were assigned a room two weeks ago and they were upgraded to a bb from a bf. they ended up on the 11th floor I think with a room about 10 rooms back from the front of the ship. Not a bad deal for the savings. we still have not got a room assigned :( Im hoping for suite at this point.