Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 12:01 PM

Sabatini's is amazing, but go hungry. You'll be there for at least 2 hours eating. I loved the Crown Grill, the Black and Blue onion soup is amazing. The extra fee does include gratuities, however, we left extra in both places. You do not have to. I normally do not do the extra fee restaurants, but had received the vouchers as gifts from a dear friend. Sabatini's was too much food for me, but it is wonderful and so is the Crown Grill. I had the best filet there. We had eaten at Ruth Chris before the cruise and I had ordered the filet there. The one we had at the Crown Grill put Ruth's to shame.

I hope you enjoy Princess as much as we do. They're my favorite line, so far. I can't wait to get back on board!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Steve Rocky Mount View Post
Hi everyone!! Last cruise on Elation was sensational. Now trying Princess for the first time and can't wait. Cruising on Caribbean Princess out of San Juan. And excursion tips for Bonaire, Aruba, Dominica, or Granada?

Are the specialty restaurants worth it? I have read wonderful things about Sabatini's and the steak house.

After having spent alot of time on the popularly priced cruises, i am looking forward to stepping up.

All replies greatly appreciated.

You will love it. My husband and I just were on the Emerald Princess in October for the first time on Princess and we had a great time. Bonaire I would suggest Woodwind Sailing Cruises, Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean for snorkeling. It was absolutely amazing. Aruba we caught a cab that took us to an awesome snorkling place then after 2 hours picked us back up took us sight seeing and then back for some shopping. Granada was my least favorite of all the islands. It was very beautiful, but didn't send my heart soaring. We caught a cab on Granada to show us the sights and took us to a spice plantation and then to a rum factory.

As for the specialty restauraunt we ate at both at the beginning of the trip and made three more reservations for the Crown Grill. It was wonderful. We were glad we tried them and we would do it again.

You will enjoy every moment... Have a great trip...

Tags
caribbean, credit, cruise, cruiser, cruisers, cruises, cruising, emerald, princess, reviews, sabatini, terrible, time, tipping, tips