Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/)
-   -   When can you board? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/36552-when-can-you-board.html)

PA Steve Rocky Mount 02-15-2011 11:25 AM

When can you board?

we are taking the Caribbean Princess out of San Juan. It sails at 11PM . It says boarding starts at 2, but most ships say that anyway. I usually get there around noon. I always look upon boarding day as the first day of your cruise, because as we all know, the last day they are going to give you breakfast...and throw you off!!

What time will they let you start boarding in San Juan? And will wearing my Commodore pin get me on quicker?

peter l 02-16-2011 01:35 PM

It all depends if they have a smooth transition from unloading as you are probably aware. We were on RCI 2 years ago this April and we were onboard and at the pool by 12:45 I think..The personnel at check in wouldn't have a clue if you had the Congressional Medal of Honor around your neck; they just process the cruisers..

Have a great cruise.

RichC 02-27-2011 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA Steve Rocky Mount (Post 285528)
we are taking the Caribbean Princess out of San Juan. It sails at 11PM . It says boarding starts at 2, but most ships say that anyway. I usually get there around noon. I always look upon boarding day as the first day of your cruise, because as we all know, the last day they are going to give you breakfast...and throw you off!!

What time will they let you start boarding in San Juan? And will wearing my Commodore pin get me on quicker?

I would get on board as soon as possible, grab a quick lunch & go to the San Cristóbal fort. There's plenty of time to explore the ship some other day. If you want to do any shopping, do it before you get back on the ship in the evening since all the shops close down after 6PM & there's not much open. Platinum & Elite do get to board first if you happen to be waiting to board.

royalcruiser 02-27-2011 05:46 PM

I just checked my itinerary, which i got from "view itinerary" on you sign into the cruise personalizer.. Here is what I found:

Embarkation for Golden Princess Voyage 5110
To ensure a relaxed and organized start to your voyage, we operate a staggered
We kindly request that you arrive at or shortly after your scheduled check in

If your cabin number starts with a B or a S, please arrive at 12:00pm.
If your cabin number starts with a C or a F, please arrive at 12:30pm.
If your cabin number starts with an D, please arrive at 1:00pm.
If your cabin number starts with an E, please arrive at 1:30pm.
If your cabin number starts with a L or an A, please arrive at 2:00pm.
If your cabin number starts with a P, please arrive at 2:30pm.

Please note all passengers must be onboard 1 hour prior to sailing due to
immigration procedures, failure to do so will result in denied boarding.

RichC 02-28-2011 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royalcruiser (Post 285836)
I just checked my itinerary, which i got from "view itinerary" on you sign into the cruise personalizer.. Here is what I found:

Embarkation for Golden Princess Voyage 5110
To ensure a relaxed and organized start to your voyage, we operate a staggered
We kindly request that you arrive at or shortly after your scheduled check in

If your cabin number starts with a B or a S, please arrive at 12:00pm.
If your cabin number starts with a C or a F, please arrive at 12:30pm.
If your cabin number starts with an D, please arrive at 1:00pm.
If your cabin number starts with an E, please arrive at 1:30pm.
If your cabin number starts with a L or an A, please arrive at 2:00pm.
If your cabin number starts with a P, please arrive at 2:30pm.

Please note all passengers must be onboard 1 hour prior to sailing due to
immigration procedures, failure to do so will result in denied boarding.

You can do so if you want but they still let you on board if your there early. There is no check of what cabin your in and who gets to board first, unless your Platinum or Elite. I'd rather utilize the afternoon touring San Juan then spending if waiting in the crowd waiting to board.

Berick1234 02-28-2011 08:26 AM

Much depends on the ships arrival and getting the other passengers off...I've been on board some ships by 11:00...Get there early and if you do get on, have a nice lunch, and then get off and take a trip to El Morro and do some shopping on the way back.....My brother just came back from the same cruise and they had a Grand time......Happy Sailing...

Bob E

peter l 02-28-2011 02:30 PM

We just returned from a cruise on the Crown Princess out of FLL and we were on board and unpacked (carry on) and sitting by the pool at 12:30pm...

Peterl

penny3333 03-01-2011 12:07 PM

They also offer Express boarding for some staterooms. It truly was express, and we were on board in less than 20 minutes. I agree about using the afternoon for exploring San Juan, in fact, come in a day ahead so you're not rushed.

I flew into San Juan the day of, once and only once. The airlines sent my luggage elsewhere. It didn't catch up with me until 3 days later. It was not fun.